Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

121grn 9mm Montana Gold Flat Point

lcs

Lttle help guys. Just ordered 1000 Montana Gold 121GRN FP for 9 major.

Anyone have starting load data for HS6 or VVn37? KKM 5.1 with Bedell Ti comp.

Thanks,

I and loading major 9 121 mg under 8.2 True blue @ 1.163 I liked it better than HS6! Start low crono and work up! old john

This link has a load for 124 gr Precision Delta and HS-7

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...c=44165&hl=

This link has a load for 124 gr MG JHP with True Blue

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12740

Hope this helps (and the links work). I found them with a search for 9 Major.

Bill

I use 124gr MG CMJ bullets with 3N37 on an STI open gun with two barrel holes and a brazos comp. I go 8 grains at 1.165 with federal SRP and WIN brass.

How full is the case ? Thanks

I tried 8 grains of 3n37 last night with a 115 Zero JHP, it shot well and felt OK but put a MASSIVE amount of heat in the gun. The rate that the gun got hot was incredible, after 30 rounds at a decent pace the gun was too hot to touch the comp, barrel or slide. HS-6 had a weird dot track for me but not nearly the heat, load was 8.8. It also was very accurate but pretty darn dirty. I also tried 7.5 Longshot, nice dot track, cleaner than HS-6 and almost as clean as 3n37, and very accurate. My 3n37 and Longshot loads are probably minor, but not by a lot. They are more or less starting loads for the long OAL I use that I extrapolated from the data I have mined here with the search function. Just loads to get an idea about what the powder will do for me.

I will not be using 3n37 anymore, I would need 3 guns to be able to practice at a reasonable pace without getting them REALLY REALLY hot.

Mine is a KKM 5.4" with a Bedell Ti comp. Cases were all Win, primers are all Fed SPM, and OAL on all was 1.195".

I tried 8 grains of 3n37 last night with a 115 Zero JHP
I gave up on 3N37 with 115's. At 8.2g to make major reloading was too slow because the case was just too full. I shot 115's with 8.9g of HS-6 all of last year. Made 169pf all day and was reliable, although a little dirty. I have a pound of longshot that I've been meaning to try. It's good to hear that someone likes it. The SP-8 is working well now, is clean, and easily makes major with 115's.

KKM 5.4" barrel and a 4port comp

1.180" oal

Fed SR primers

I also tried the 121g MG's. To make major I needed just a little more powder than what I would use in a 124. Sorry to take this into 115's.

Edited by .40AET

Little help guys. Just ordered 1000 Montana Gold 121GRN FP for 9 major.

Anyone have starting load data for HS6 or VVn37? KKM 5.1 with Bedell Ti comp.

Thanks,

Used for both 121 HAP and 121 MG FP

8.6 grs HS6

OAL 1.160

Winchester SR primers

Lee undersize die

Used in 2 guns, both with no barrel ports, 4 port comp - Avg 1400 in one 1440 in the other.

Sherwyn

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone.

A little feedback on HS6 with 121 MGIFP(.355). KKM 5.1 with Ti comp no blow holes in barrel.

40 Degree day.

8.0 avg 1431

8.3 avg 1443

8.7 avg 1466

I have been shooting 8.0 for several months now. I don't have any experience with other powders for comparision of dot track and feel. 8.0 seems pretty soft. I have 4lbs of 3N37 but from what I have read 3N37 is to hot and to expensive. Most of the 38S guys I know are using 3n37 and really like it with 115gn.

I am almost out of HS6 and I agree with everyone else, HS6 is dirty! The powder leave piles all over my gun versus a residue. The one good thing about HS6 is the case is just about half full so I do not believe I am getting any compressed loads.

Guess I will try some longshot. Seems longshot is a lot cleaner? Not looking for the Holy Grail of loads, just a little cleaner I guess.

Thanks again