Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Nationals

Zerwas

Do we have a date yet for the Nats? I have looked at the Major Match section of the website, and it still is not posted.

There has been some speculation... but no official announcement.

(The countdown on IDPA's website would seem to indicate September 26.)

I posted the question on Ted Murphy's IDPAforum (Ted is MD for this year's Nationals), but as yet nobody is giving an official answer.

There has been some speculation... but no official announcement.

(The countdown on IDPA's website would seem to indicate September 26.)

I posted the question on Ted Murphy's IDPAforum (Ted is MD for this year's Nationals), but as yet nobody is giving an official answer.

I suspect that when all the details of date and range use, etc have been firmed up, that a date will be publically announced. I'm standing by patiently!

Ken Reed

TRP Professional, this is early news and everything isn't firmed up yet but this was recently posted about the state match in Wisconsin and I thought that since we are close that you might be interested in attending:

"James Williams

D Class Poster

Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:57 pm Post subject: 2007 State IDPA Match

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard via the grapevine that folks are starting to wonder about the status of the 2007 IDPA State Match. Here's where we stand as of today.

Normally we have the annual state match committee meeting in mid-January, so match announcements are out by Feb. 1. However, this year I had major knee surgery in early January and was not able to gather the clan at the usual time.

However, we do have certain things more or less in place. The match will probably be held at Schultz's again this year, and on our traditional date, i.e., the first weekend in August. This must be confirmed at the next meeting of the board of Schultz's next week, but at this point we know of no impediment to the date and location. I will post the confirmed date and location after the board meeting next week.

The match committee will be meeting in the next few weeks to firm up responsibilities and organizational details. If you are interested in participating in the organizational chores involved, please drop me a line at bowrainbow@hotmail.com.

We'll be putting out a call for SO's later this winter. FYI, we will probably be holding an SO class sometime in March here in Ripon. I'll post date and details at a later time.

IDPA Area Coordinator for Wisconsin "

I hope that this helps you make plans,

Rick

Do we have a date yet for the Nats? I have looked at the Major Match section of the website, and it still is not posted.

Near as we figure it, it's the last week (Thursday-Saturday)in September in Pennsylvania.

The Ontalaunee Club is holding the PA. State Match earlier in the season, so it probably won't be there. Best guess is it will be the same venue that hosted the PA. State Match last year.

Many of us are wondering if that club has enough facility to host such a large group...perhaps they have a second venue in mind as well (2 clubs for the match), or maybe we'll be surprised and they will come up with something altogether different.

Doesn't it seem unusual that these logistics questions haven't been answered as yet? We would think that a national match like this would need to have a contracted venue in place before being awarded.

We all look forward to more information as it becomes available.

Thanks for the info Clay1!!! It is much appreciated. I have to make it over to this years match.

I've missed the last couple due to conflicts in my schedule. I'll have to MAKE time this year.

Edited by TRP-Professional

Thanks for the info Clay1!!! It is much appreciated. I have to make it over to this years match.

I've missed the last couple due to conflicts in my schedule. I'll have to MAKE time this year.

Cool, glad that the info will help out. :D

Near as we figure it, it's the last week (Thursday-Saturday)in September in Pennsylvania.

The Ontalaunee Club is holding the PA. State Match earlier in the season, so it probably won't be there. Best guess is it will be the same venue that hosted the PA. State Match last year.

Where was that please?

At least 4 or 5 of us plan on making the Nats this year. It's doable in PA from Ontario rather than Arkansas from Ontario. Less trvel time. :D

Guys i think if you shoot one. and send in your app with current classification. and a nice letter they might let you in providing the match doesn't fill up.

This isn't about seasoned competitors. it's about knowing the IDPA rules and abiding by them atleast that's the impression i have gotten.

there will be a WV state match i've heard this year. and have heard talk of an ohio.. b ut all require some travel.

Best guess is it will be the same venue that hosted the PA. State Match last year.

Where was that please?

At least 4 or 5 of us plan on making the Nats this year. It's doable in PA from Ontario rather than Arkansas from Ontario. Less trvel time. :D

Guthsville, also in the Allentown , PA area. Here's a link to their website.

http://www.guthsville.com/about.htm

Steve I don't think that one match and a letter are going to get you into the Nationals.Bill

Yeah, I don't think so either. That's fine though. I never expected to receive any preferrential treatement because I am a USPSA shooter. I think I mentioned this before, but IDPA is where I started shooting competitvely. I enjoy both disciplines, and continue to shoot both.