Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 And Arredondo Speed Chute

cpty1

Was going to stick an Arredondo speed loader chute on a Benelli M2 and discovered it won't fit. After I put the plastic Tek loader insert into the Arredondo chute, it won't fit over the M2 receiver. Too narrow to even get started. I'm wondering if my Arredondo chute is out of spec or it this is a known issue with the M2. I put one of the same chutes on a M1 and it went right on with no problem whatsoever. Suppose if you have to take off material, it would be better to take it off the Arredondo part as opposed to the plastic Tek loader insert. Anybody else run into this?

Was going to stick an Arredondo speed loader chute on a Benelli M2 and discovered it won't fit. After I put the plastic Tek loader insert into the Arredondo chute, it won't fit over the M2 receiver. Too narrow to even get started. I'm wondering if my Arredondo chute is out of spec or it this is a known issue with the M2. I put one of the same chutes on a M1 and it went right on with no problem whatsoever. Suppose if you have to take off material, it would be better to take it off the Arredondo part as opposed to the plastic Tek loader insert. Anybody else run into this?

On my Luigi Benelli, I did the same as Chris did. I sanded the groove sides down until I had a snug fit. I little at a time until snug. With only one mounting pin as compared to the

Remington with two mounting pins, I left my tight. Works sluck as h_ll. I also had to work on the mag tube area, for a good smooth load.

Ended up with a combination of some material removed from both the Tek bracket and the Arredondo chute. Works like a charm now and can be easily removed for cleaning if/when necessary. Scroll down this page to see the end result:

Benelli M2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

To revive an old thread and maybe help a newbie or two, is there another fix for this yet? It's been over two years since the last post. I did search, but not much recent help came up pertaining to this problem.

I did look online and the only TEC LOADER out there is for the M1 (or of similar specs). Unless my searching skills have just become dull?

Am I going to have to just mod the plastic bracket?

What about the Arredondo chute, will that require the same modifications?

I appreciate any help that is offered.

Darren

To revive an old thread and maybe help a newbie or two, is there another fix for this yet? It's been over two years since the last post. I did search, but not much recent help came up pertaining to this problem.

I did look online and the only TEC LOADER out there is for the M1 (or of similar specs). Unless my searching skills have just become dull?

Am I going to have to just mod the plastic bracket?

What about the Arredondo chute, will that require the same modifications?

I appreciate any help that is offered.

Darren

IIRC if you call arredondo and tell them you have a M2 they have modified ones avaliable.

• 2 years later...

Belt sand the flat outside sides of the Tec plastic bracket approx. 1/16" on both sides till you can easily get it on the M2 receiver with the Arredondo bracket. Sand a little at a time as you want a slightly snug fit. Mounting it by itself you will see the Arredondo bracket lines up with the receiver holes just fine but when you add the TEC bracket you can't get the pin in. Only use the Arredondo pin. So then there is a LOT of figuring out where the TEC bracket is holding the Arredondo out away from the receiver and removing that plastic material till the pin will easily fit. CLUE: In your hand insert the TEC bracket into the Arredondo and observe how tightly the two fit together, especially at the front and rear points you will still be able to see when both are on the receiver. When you mount both to the receiver and the pin hole is close to lined up, check those same areas and you will find that at some spots the parts are farther apart than before. This will give you an idea of where to start removing plastic till they fit tightly together and the pin will go in EASILY. It is not necessary to remove any metal from the Arredondo bracket. It's pretty much ok if you mangle the Tec bracket some as it will still work fine. You probably bought two pair of Tec loaders so you will have a spare bracket if you really mess it up.

I suggest sending the wife/girl friend on some frivilous errand while you are working on this project. I figured it was a 20 minute job and four hours later I was done. Now that you know the easy way I expect you'll be finished much sooner, say three hours, fifty five minutes - just kidding. It should not be this hard but it is - I wish you the best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...