Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Got My Master Card In Open!

Shooter,

You earned a Master class card by performing at your current level. There is no need to "step it up." The card you received from USPSA with the little "M" on it means nothing, only you give it significance. Keep doing what you're doing, there are no shortcuts to getting to the top. You must walk your own path. Keep practicing, you'll get there.

Erik

Man I want post something but everything above is all you need to do. Investigate inner game of sports books.

Oh and if 95% is important to you, practice draws, reloads and transitions, a lot.

Edited by BSeevers

To expand a little for the less Zen minded.

I think what made the biggest difference for me was being comfortable being me, practicing solidly not pushing just being monotanous, when your body starts to feel bored. and your mind wanders keep your focus, just Like anything, driving race cars, fighting, playing a musical instrument, you really are doing your best when your just so used to it, it's boring. Very little conscious thought is put into things and it polishes them.

shoot alpha's is the concentration mindset that to me means.. wait until you see what you need to see. a wait that to most A and under shooters seems like "slow down" but it is not actually slowing down, it is just "not rushing"

a card is a card, we WANT the card to look cool to our friends. what we really should want is the ability to perform at that level consistantly.. then the card is inevitable.

everyones journey is different, may you have a successful fufilling one.

• 5 weeks later...

Congrats,

Raise your ground zero to 100%.. focus now on minimising drop points, doing less, 'knowing the corners' ..you are probably as fast as you are ever going to be physically so move to other areas for development..

remember you never stop learning, all the card is doing now is showing you that you are now on the path to heiho..