Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Your Help For Production Class

timamal

I have the same pistol for Production. The CR Speed belt and Versa Mag Pouches can't be beat. Plus they can be reconfigured for other mags as well.

I use a DOH for my 1911 and it is excellent. However, beleive it or not I use the XD Gear holster (the larger, adjustable one) that came with my XD-9 for Production. If you attach the holster body to the lowest adjustment hole, it very closely mimics the DOH geometry.

Once the XD Gear holster breaks or wears out (hasn't happened in two years), I'll replace it with a DOH. That's assuming they are still legal for Production of course. :angry:

Edited by XD Niner

Something to consider is the ability to be a cross over shooter if you want. I know some won't appreciate the comments but if you ever wanted to shoot IDPA the DOH won't be legal there. There are some nice holsters that are still fast that you can do both with and keep your options open for the future.

Blade Tech makes some other holsters that will work for both games. Comp-Tac also makes some very nice ones. I would stay with Kydex instead of something like leather since you won't be giving anything up in the speed department. Look at the holster that Robbie is Shooting from Safariland: http://www.holsters.com/concealment/holsters/model5182.asp

I shoot a Comp-Tac locking paddle. That I had Comp-Tac modify for IDPA and I shoot the same holster in Production in USPSA.

Rick

BladeTech DOH and CR pouches (they fit anything) with a CR belt is a pretty nice setup.

+1 I run this same setup for both PD and Limited now, definitely my preferred setup.

When I first started shooting PD with the XD Tact I had at the time I used Uncle Mike's pouches, a Blackhawk CQC (non-serpa) holster, and a CR belt. The UM pouches and CQC holster worked very good as well as giving me a lower startup cost.

Dear Clay

They don't a holster foe the xd

Thanks Tim

Something to consider is the ability to be a cross over shooter if you want. I know some won't appreciate the comments but if you ever wanted to shoot IDPA the DOH won't be legal there. There are some nice holsters that are still fast that you can do both with and keep your options open for the future.

Blade Tech makes some other holsters that will work for both games. Comp-Tac also makes some very nice ones. I would stay with Kydex instead of something like leather since you won't be giving anything up in the speed department. Look at the holster that Robbie is Shooting from Safariland: http://www.holsters.com/concealment/holsters/model5182.asp

I shoot a Comp-Tac locking paddle. That I had Comp-Tac modify for IDPA and I shoot the same holster in Production in USPSA.

Rick

I believe you can take the DOH connector off of the Blade-Tech holster and attach it with their Sting Ray Loop and it would be legal for IDPA as well I was told. You can order it from Blade-Tech as a SR DOH holster. I hope someone can come along and clarify this for us.

Tim,

Go ahead and order the BladeTech DOH for the 5" XD. Order it with the Sting Ray attachment. If you use a Safariland or CR-speed belt, order the stingray with a 1.5" slot.

I have 4 drop&offset holsters from BladeTech and in all of them the DOH hanger can be removed and the stingray attached directly to the holster body, making it legal for IDPA and other "real world" games.

I have two pair of BladeTech dual mag pouches with Teklocs, for XD mags (basically like new) that I no longer need. I will sell them cheap, if you want them. I use the same thing today but for my CZ. They're great pouches. Right hand.

Here's what they are:

http://www.blade-tech.com/Double-Magazine-...Lok-pr-863.html

Edited by Eager