Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Correct Shotgun

RayB

:D

This is amasing I started this topic two years ago and It is still going strong.

People like Eric and Tightrope and others provide a wealth of information..

Im still shooting my 391 and It goes ON thanks for the eye opener you guys gave me two years ago.

Thank You All

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im back with a new Question. I have the 391 and as stated It is a great gun.

Now I would like some information on and O/U I have always wanted an O/U.

I would like one that can be used on Trap and Skeet a Good all around Gun.

I have been looking at The Browng Citori Sporting 525 12 Gauge 30 inch it also comes in 28 and 32 inch all models are Portered.

Need some help before I go for the $ 2,200.00 .Everyone gave me so much help

When I was looking for the 391 and I Thank You.

RayB New York

Well... I'd still reccomend the Browning Gold Hunter... I use mine for skeet, trap, sporting clays, open and limited 3-gun, hunting, etc. I didn't have anyone work on it, it will fire a few cases of shells without needing a cleaning, and it just plain works. The Berettas are nice guns though, but I still like the handy speed load feature of my Gold. When the birds are flushing and flapping around and you just fired your three rounds, you can speed load one after the other in a pinch. No messing with that silly button on the side, shove a shell in underneath, it's loaded and ready for more.

Vince

For an all around gun I would look at the 30-32" bbl models depending on the weight and how it feels to you.

Unless you have the chance to try a lot of different O/U's I would still stick with the Browning's and Beretta's. The durability of either O/U is not in question and many people feel the reliabiltity of the Browning, for example, is second to none. O/U's are generally reliable anyway, so perhaps it's splitting hairs...don't know.

If you see one, the Browning 425 is an option to the 525. They feel different to me.

The Beretta 686 series is a very good buy. The have various models I've seen as low as $1,000-$1500+

Just IMHO and good luck.

I shoot a Browning 425 for 5 stand and sporting clays cause when I was shopping for a new shotgun it had the best feel for me (w/the 30" barrel) and cost me right around $1500.

Remington is a customer of mine and was there last week regarding prototype revisions on parts for a new autoloader they are trying to intro at the shotshow in January in Las Vegas.

It's a 12 gauge with bottom ejection targeted at the sporting clays market. Is it engineered better than the 1100? Don't know but it does look interesting for an auto.

Tom

I have to second the recommendation on the Browning. I shoot a Browning 325 in 32" and it has served me well in Sporting Clays, Trap, and Skeet (yes, it is long for skeet but I shoot skeet for practice for SC).

I have purchased two Browning 325s - one for $1000 and one for $1250. In GA, I often see nice used Browning 325/425 for around $1200.

I love my Browning Gold Sporting Clays but, unfortunately, they have a bad reputation for reliability. I had two firing pins break and my bolt handle shear off and it is only used with target 12 gauge loads.

RayB,

If I were in your position I would grab-up that Marocchi in a heartbeat. I hear that they are great guns! I can see that the top-lever is still way to the right. It should be like a new one.