Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adidas Gsg 9 2nd Gen 2007 Model

ogiebb

i tried searching the forums about GSG9 boots but all i can find is on the old model ones .and how crappy the soles are , but the new ones are redesigned ..anybody have the 2nd gens already? i have the oakleys now but dont see myself dipping these in mud and snow (well not yet but it will eventually lead to that :D ) if this has been discussed before please direct me to it...

http://sports-shoes.net/product.asp?sectio...amp;catalogue=5

Edited by ogiebb

i tried searching the forums about GSG9 boots but all i can find is on the old model ones .and how crappy the soles are , but the new ones are redesigned ..anybody have the 2nd gens already? i have the oakleys now but dont see myself dipping these in mud and snow (well not yet but it will eventually lead to that :D ) if this has been discussed before please direct me to it...

http://www.botac.com/adgstabo.html

This it? I have no experience with the seller.

http://www.botac.com/adgstabo.html

This it? I have no experience with the seller.

yep...i know the older version sucks because of the sole ..but these do look great and the price is just right

the only problem i have with the old gsg9 is that that they're hard to get on and off my feet. i thought the soles were great. i since have started using bates copy with zippers, a third of the price. but, discontinued now.

lynn

Edited by lynn jones

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/showthread...ighlight=Adidas

Here is a link from a Special Operations board, general concensus is there are better options. Most assault boots are not designed for "off the beaten path" traction to begin with. They are generally more like a court shoe, for urban operations.

I personally have never tried the Adidas, but have tried the Bates 8" Falcon, the 5.11 HRT and the Oakley Assault Boot in an austere, rugged environment (read Iraq and AStan).

The Bates had by far the best traction with a sole similar to a "turf cleat." The Oakley is by far the most comfortable and what I wear now when shooting local matches. They suck on wet, hard floors, but were designed for the arid desert and I have yet to run across a water puddle on a tile floor at any of the nearby outdoor match ranges, and because they were free (well there was a "cost" associated but not money)! The HRT is the most supportive, but stiffest of the three. From those I know that have them (the 2d Gen GSG's), they say they are an improvement, but still nothing more than a premium price tagged Bates.

All are lightweight, more like a high-top tennis shoe than a "combat boot," therefore all wear out much faster than a standard issue combat boot in rugged terrain.

Hope this helps...

Edited by CDRODA396

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/showthread...ighlight=Adidas

Here is a link from a Special Operations board, general concensus is there are better options. Most assault boots are not designed for "off the beaten path" traction to begin with. They are generally more like a court shoe, for urban operations.

I personally have never tried the Adidas, but have tried the Bates 8" Falcon, the 5.11 HRT and the Oakley Assault Boot in an austere, rugged environment (read Iraq and AStan).

The Bates had by far the best traction with a sole similar to a "turf cleat." The Oakley is by far the most comfortable and what I wear now when shooting local matches. They suck on wet, hard floors, but were designed for the arid desert and I have yet to run across a water puddle on a tile floor at any of the nearby outdoor match ranges, and because they were free (well there was a "cost" associated but not money)! The HRT is the most supportive, but stiffest of the three. From those I know that have them (the 2d Gen GSG's), they say they are an improvement, but still nothing more than a premium price tagged Bates.

All are lightweight, more like a high-top tennis shoe than a "combat boot," therefore all wear out much faster than a standard issue combat boot in rugged terrain.

Hope this helps...

Any experience with the Converse boot?

My Bates boots have been very durable. I see that Oakley now makes a low-top version of its boot.

Site with a kabillion shoes, including the Oakley line:

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722136460/page/1.html

Edited by Bruce

the Converse are very comfortable. I have a pair that I wear to work everyday. I also has the 5.11 boot. Pretty comfortable, I put some superfeet insoles which makes both pair better.

When the 5.11s wear out I will probably go with the Converses.

Try LAPOLICEGEAR.com for great prices.

My Bates boots have been very durable. I see that Oakley now makes a low-top version of its boot.

No experience with the Converse, but they really werent big by the time I retired. The Blackhawk that PD posted a link to look good if they are supportive and durble they look like they could be a pretty good boot.

i ordered from Botach last night i hope i get the stuff i ordered...been hearing some Negative stuff about them.....

I have quite a bit of experience with Botach, my only complaint is they have no real order tracking. With so many vendors offering order tracking, links to the FEDEX or UPS site to tell exactly where your package is, anyone who doesnt is behind the curve if you ask me. Other than that, you get the normal backorders occasionally, but I always got what I ordered in a fairly timely manner.

Edited by CDRODA396

No experience with the Converse, but they really werent big by the time I retired. The Blackhawk that PD posted a link to look good if they are supportive and durble they look like they could be a pretty good boot.

i ordered from Botach last night i hope i get the stuff i ordered...been hearing some Negative stuff about them.....

I have quite a bit of experience with Botach, my only complaint is they have no real order tracking. With so many vendors offering order tracking, links to the FEDEX or UPS site to tell exactly where your package is, anyone who doesnt is behind the curve if you ask me. Other than that, you get the normal backorders occasionally, but I always got what I ordered in a fairly timely manner.

Glad to hear that reviews on them are very negative.. :(

Botach is not the best company to deal with but eventually I have received everything I have ordered and they are THE best price on Adidas. I have the new style boots and so far like them. They are more comfortable than the old ones but I haven't given them a good muddy IPSC match test for traction and waterproofing.

How are the new GSG-9's sized. Are they the size you normally wear or did you order a different size?

Been thinking of ordering a pair but I have problems finding the correct size in boots. I wear three different sizes depending on make and I even wear two different sizes of Danners depending on if US made or import.

I have two pairs of the Converse boots and the Foot Pursuit are very light and comfortable. The side zip tactical boots are good but not as comfy.

ok i Cancelled my order from Botach because 2-3 weeks just to ship it plus 1 week actual shipping time total 4 weeks...i just spent the extra $40 and ordered from a diff company i will post a review after i get them..thanks

i got my gsg 9 2nd gen already ..i was suprised how better they are compared to the older model the sole is completely re done but it did cost quite a penny...i got them for $149 from shopadidas.com (still cheaper than my $225 Oakleys) and it took them only 4 days to arrive to my doorstep...it is a bit more expensive than some website advertises them for $109 but at least shopadidas.com ACTUALLY DO HAVE THEM IN STOCK...i tried calling the so called ********company before i placed and order with them they said they have them in stock,after a few days i receive an email saying they will ship in 2-3 weeks i gave them a call to find out why that long and they said they DONT have them in stock?????called after a few hours (i called again just to be sure), they said they DO have them..???????.at this time i was already very Upset i just cancelled my order... ( my buddy is still waiting for his order 1 month and 9 days now)..im quite happy with the Boots and ordering 2 more pairs for my Brother and Buddy....anybody looking for a good pair of tac boots should also try to consider this

Edited by ogiebb