Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ernie Langdon

Singlestack Wonder

He is a class act who has occasionally crossed over to "the dark side" to shoot USPSA w/ us at our humble local club match for extra trigger time. Ernie is a great spokesman for S&W - and like Julie, he actually uses an M&P that anyone can get - even showing up right before last year's winter nationals w/ the brand new M&P and full-house .40 ammo (factory loading from a big-box store like WalMart).

Ernie actually started out in competition in USPSA, at the Quantico club, but when he read an article in Handguns magazine on the new sport of of IDPA (I wrote that article!) he figured it was like they'd designed a sport just for him and switched pretty much wholesale to IDPA. (Got all this from interviewing him for an article, BTW.) However he does still fire the occasional USPSA match during the year.

I was an SO at the '99 Nats on the standards stage. One of my memories from that experience is having all the shooters talking and having a good time while a couple of them pasted. I turned around and yelled, "Hey, we need some help pasting!" Some folks started walking over to help; Ernie ran. Class act is right!

Ernest was on my squad at the Area 6 3-gun last month is Anniston. He amazed me with how well and how fast he could shoot the .40 M&P with factory ammo.

We was very helpful to me with my dumb questions.

He shot the M&P9 at the Ft. Benning 3-gun earlier this month. He shot the pistol shoot house in 17 seconds to win that stage.

He's a class act and Smith & Wesson should be glad to have him on board.