Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advantage Arms 22 Conversion

Caspian_45

I bought a AA L.E. 17/22 Glock 22 lr conversion upper to play with.

Does anyone know if other 22 conversion mags will work with this unit?

The kit came with one mag. I am looking to get a few more.

Thanks.

Not sure about the Ceiner mags but the AA mags are dirt cheap. I think they're only $25.00 retail and cheaper if you know someone with an FFL that can order for you. I think when I talked to the guy they are proprietary. I was trying to talk him into making a high cap. But he lives in CA so that's not going to happen.

I have the AA 22 kit. and I have been wanting some new mags that have a little more capacity as well. As far as I can tel the other mags should work, but there is only one way to find out.

Hmmmmm.............

Now if I only knew someone brave enough to try it..........

They lock the slide back and they are just like reloading regular Glocks so I would think everything you can with a centerfire pistol just without the cost!

Are you going to get the same recoil as even a minor load?

They lock the slide back and they are just like reloading regular Glocks so I would think everything you can with a centerfire pistol just without the cost!

Some fundamentals, like reloads, trigger control, even sight acquisition can be practiced quite well with a .22lr. I've picked up conversions for my 1911 and my daughters CZ to go along with the Ruger .22s that we all have. So long as you do get plenty of range time in with your center fire rounds as well there is a lot to be gained from sending .22s down range.

-ld

Some fundamentals, like reloads, trigger control, even sight acquisition can be practiced quite well with a .22lr. I've picked up conversions for my 1911 and my daughters CZ to go along with the Ruger .22s that we all have. So long as you do get plenty of range time in with your center fire rounds as well there is a lot to be gained from sending .22s down range.

-ld

I have one on my G21.

After 300 rounds of practice with the .45 I put on the .22 conversion.

It is amazing how well it picks up me mashing and not squeezing the trigger.

I love it as a training aid.

I too wish that they made hi caps for them, if I only wanted to shoot 10 rounds, I would have stayed in limited 10!

:rolleyes:

sslav.

Yes I will be using this as a training tool. I will be using it to help with trigger control and sight alignment. The L.E. slide is fitted with factory Glock sights. So if you want to install your favorite after market sights, just swap sights. As for the recoil......... there ain't none.

I may just have to buy a Ceiner mag and try it.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...