Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thomas Moore "if Possible"

Thomas Moore

A big thing also to remember is to be eating complex carbs, preferably gluten free. Simple carbs are the sugars and other BS that is put into just about all processed foods now-a-days. Very empty calories that basically go straight to your belly, and also produce a nasty spike in insulin.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/26/07

I dropped the speed of the treadmill down to 4.5mph and was able to complete my three miles without any issues. 1 hour X2 people (so really 30min) on lower body weights. My dogs are barking.

Kind of slipped on the diet today. Was invited to lunch today and had a burger, fries and two beers. I should have ran another mile for that slip up. :P

9/28/07

3 more miles on the treadmill tonight for a total of 9 miles for the week. Upper body free weights, man do those free weights feel heavier than the machine weights.

See some of you at the Michigan Sectional on Sunday.

-goal to be below 200lbs by the end of the year and keep it off.

Just got in from the Michigan Sectional...

I can't say enough about the match staff, everyone did a excellent job which made the match run very smooth. Even Brian and Annette all the way from Arizona (congrats on the match win) gave the match staff cudos for doing a great job.

I'm trying to pull out all the positives things I did at this match but lets face when you're trying to get your weight down without throwing a couple of practice sessions in there a week, even if it's dry fire, I can't expect to keep up at my current level. I received some encouraging words from a few people and they said my shooting is better than last year. Another friend of mine explained that this is a rebuilding year not only for my health but for my shooting as well.

This match is now in the record books and congrats to all the winners. I'll see some of you at the Western PA match

PS someone needs to bump up Chad Gunder, I don't think I ever seen an open shooter zero (0) a stage and still take first place in his class. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Going to the gym and working out is paying off for me. I can really see the results, I'm not tired after a match nor do my legs hurt on the drive home. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I know in my heart with hard work and dedication I will reach my goals and beyond.

This is my first ever division win other than a local matches. This just makes me want to get in the gym and work harder. I can't wait to see what awaits for me in the future.

Thanks for all the kudos. And thanks goes out to all the staff, with out them we wouldn't have a match to shoot.

This should probably go in the "What I Hate" forum. What I hate... I allowed myself to get lazy the last three weeks because I made the excuse I couldn't work out while being oncall. My oncall ended on Oct 12th and this morning is the first time I have ran since September 26th. There is no excuses and I take full responsibility.

I have less than one month before the Area 2 match, oh and did I mention the wife and I are going to hike down the Grand Canyon after the match? So I'd better get my ass back on the treadmill which is why I'm starting twoadays, that's right I will run in the morning and after work with weight training in the evening.

10/17/07

2 miles on the mill this morning with a protein shake after the run.

Good job, make sure you refuel properly (within 30 minutes - this is critical) after both workouts so you properly replace your glycogen stores which will help you recover more quickly. The faster you recover, the sooner you can do another work out.

Keep it up Thomas and you are starting to scare me into practice again before the Area 2. BTW we just got in the match last week. Congrats on the win in PA!! Lets get together for a salad and a beer at the RWB. Are we going to see you for Tues Steel this year??

Brian

The twoadays aren't going so well. It's too much too fast. I need to learn to walk before I run so to speak. I went from running every other day to twice a day, so now I'll go back and try once a day for 45-60 minutes at a time. A friend of mine, Phil Carreira ran the Detroit Marathon yesterday. This gives me motivation because Phil used to be bigger than me and now he's trim and in great shape other than round.

I had a match this weekend (six stage classifier) and I was able to pull out one GM score and the rest were crap.

Halloween is around the corner and it's killing me to see the wife bring in 10lbs of candy for the kids when I'm trying to watch what I eat. I may sneak a couple of pieces but I won't go crazy like I did last year and eat an entire bag of baby kitkats.

Whatever you can do right now. Personally I run a few times a week (3 or 4) and workout at night. I just started working for a tree service business so I am doing manual labor throughout the day and will adjust my training plan accordingly.

Try either one for a week or see. If you are feeling lethargic, tired, irritable, or sick, you are probably overreaching and should back down a bit. Overreaching for a long time leads to overtraining which can stymie your advancement for weeks or even months.

[quote name='Jake Di Vita' date='Oct 22 2007, 04:23 PM' post='637578'

Try either one for a week or see. If you are feeling lethargic, tired, irritable, or sick, you are probably overreaching and should back down a bit. Overreaching for a long time leads to overtraining which can stymie your advancement for weeks or even months.

Jake, you are 100% saying that. Your body will tell you what is right and wrong. "Machine mode" (never getting tired doing anything) took almost 2 years of training while I was in the Army. I got to the point that it was almost scarey. Don't push is too hard just give it some time. I'm trying to get there but I don't think that the goals of yesteryear are attainable. I can at least get close. While I was young 2 mile run, best time was 9:48. Goal now is 11:00. I'll get there. Machine mode.... Man wouldn't that be nice again.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley