Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thomas Moore "if Possible"

Thomas Moore

Trying to antisipate the beep. BTW, don't do this, it will tense up your muscles and cause a slow draw.

I don't know Thomas, looks like your shooting is starting to suffer from all the work you been doing getting into shape. Yours splits have really slowed down :surprise::ph34r:

Flyin

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It has been a little over a month since my last post. This morning I weighed in at 209, it took me two months three weeks to take off what I put on in two months between Halloween and Christmas.

September 1st 2007 weighed in at 226lbs

October 31st 2007 weighed in at 209lbs

January 1st 2008 weighed in at 222lbs

March 22nd 2008 weighed in at 209

Now comes the hard part and my goal weight of 175lbs

Some enlightening stats for the last month

Days worked out: 27 days

Hours worked out: 35h 55min

Calories burned: 23,080

**Information gathered from the Polar F6**

Jake, what's the zone?

I'm eating mostly fish, chicken and ground sirloin patties no bun. Oatmeal, egg white omelette's for breakfast is the norm with the occasional grape nuts with dried fruit. Every now and then I'll have some Brie and crackers but I don't over do it. Once a week I enjoy a whole grain waffle with no sugar maple syrup.

The Zone (w/fs)

Basically the Zone works off of ensuring that your body gets macro nutrients in the proper amounts in relation to each other for optimum performance.

It is kind of a PITA since there is a good deal of measuring food and being hungry for the first few weeks, but it gets better. This in conjunction with a Paleo type diet is the best combination I've found.

• 2 weeks later...

A word of advice, don't drink a coffee and an energy drink before the start of a match. I had too much caffeine coursing through my veins and I wasn't able to keep the dot from jumping around until the third stage.

I'm happy with my performance once the caffeine wore off. I can notice a big difference in my breathing after running a stage, I'm not gasping for air anymore.

I think I've come up with a really good dry fire routine, now I need to put it in place. I'll also add on live fire practice during the week. We're kind of lucky here in Southern Michigan where we can shoot a local match ever Sunday so one live fire should be good.

The gym routine is a way of life for me now and everyday after work I spend an hour or two on weights and/or cardio. I'm getting ever so close to my goal weight for the year which is below 200lbs. For the month of March I went to the gym 21 days, worked out for 26 hours and burned around 17,000 calories. I missed three days due to a PPC match I had to work. The month of April should be better.

See you on the range.

I shot a match yesterday without coffee or an energy drink and it really showed in my performance. The dot was steady for the entire match. I shot clean for the first time this year without any Delta's too.

I video taped myself with the camera set on a tripod downrange, if you get a chance to do this I highly recommend doing so. I didn't realize how wide my eye were when shooting, I must have been realy focused.

I took a couple of days off from the gym to rest some sore muscles, I'm ready to hit tonight though.

See you on the range

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been over a month since I posted here so let give you folks a run down of what has been going on in my life lately.

2008 Area 8 match report.

What can I say about this match other than great stage design however poorly executed. The morning was a little on the cold side and it took me a few stages to get warmed up. I learned from this match to call your shots on steel, I can't you how many times I had to take an extra shot at steel. I took a lot away from this match including the wise words of Clint Upchurch. Clint told me I had skills so I took that little bit of confidence boost the the Indiana Sectional.

For those of you who haven't shot one of David Ball's matches you don't know what you're missing. The Indiana Sectional drew more competitors than Area 7 and Virgina/Maryland Sectional.

My focus was much better for this match, I knocked down 99% of the steel on the first shot. The weather was big factor at this match for the temps reached near 100 with 100% humidity. This was a match for the person that was in shape and I was in shape since I've been going the gym 4-6 day a week since the first of the year (gym rat). Plus I love the way the courses were designed where running was involved on all but three stages. I ended up 2nd to Clint and 1st Open Master.

I'm getting ever closer to my goal of 199lbs, just 5lbs shy.

This weekend is the 2008 Area 5 Championship being held near Grad Rapids Mi. There will be 13 Open Masters shooting so it should be fight to the top.

Hope to see some of you there. Oh and don't forget the first annual Founders Brewery beer fest will be this Saturday from 3pm-11pm.

Area 5 turned out to be one of those matches that looked really easy to shoot but getting your hits paid off in the end. Out of all the Master Open shooters I had the fewest penalties (only 1) and it paid off a 1st place finish for me, my second one this year.

Thanks goes out to all the staff for their hard work and dedication to our sport.

BTW, if you didn't make it to the Founders Brewery beer fest, you missed one hell of a party. They had some of the best beer in the world on tap and five live bands that played through out the evening. :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Monday 14

5 miles on the treadmill. First time since High School!!!

A coworker is trying to talk me in to participating in a triathlon, not an ironman type but what the call a sprint triathlon. Swim for 500-1000 meters, then bike for 20k and run for 5k.

Wednesday 16

12 miles on the bike then I tried to run after that, well I made it about 1.5 miles until I called it quits. I recovered pretty fast so I'll be at it again in couple of days. The race isn't for another month so I should be able to train and complete the race. The swimming maybe the toughest part for me seeing how I haven't swam in years. Perhaps I need to find a pool to see if I even float. :roflol:

• 2 months later...

I don't care how much running, walking or weight lifting you do to get into shape. If you don't practice shooting or dry firing, you will suck when it comes time to shoot a match.

I shot the Western PA match yesterday and the first two stage felt like I was shooting in mud.

The Area 2 match is just around the corner and if I want to finish in the top 16 again this year I'll have to "start" practicing.

• 1 month later...

I'm still here, still doing the gym thing, I'm feeling better than I've ever felt in years. Just a few more pounds to reach my goal of 199.

Shot the Area 2 Desert Classic and for the amount of practice I put in to it I did better than expected. Here is a link to a video from the Area 2 match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I've narrowed down a shooting schedule for 2009. Here are the following match I will be attending.

Single Stack Nationals (shooting friday/saturday)

Area 6 (shooting friday)

Area 5 (shooing sunday)

Area 3 (shooting sunday, traveling on saturday & monday)

Area 7 (shooting sunday, traveling on saturday & monday)

Area 8 (shooting sunday, traveling on saturday & monday)

Open Nationals (saturday thru tuesday)

Michigan Sectional (shooting sunday)

Area 2 (three day event)

I think I've narrowed down a shooting schedule for 2009. Here are the following match I will be attending.

Single Stack Nationals (shooting friday/saturday)

Area 6 (shooting friday)

Area 5 (shooing sunday)

Area 3 (shooting sunday, traveling on saturday & monday)

Area 7 (shooting sunday, traveling on saturday & monday)

Area 8 (shooting sunday, traveling on saturday & monday)

Open Nationals (saturday thru tuesday)

Michigan Sectional (shooting sunday)

Area 2 (three day event)

Nice schedule, I'll probably only see you at one of those. I probably won't be shooting much. Might see you at Area 5. Sounds like a fun yr for you.

Flyin

• 3 weeks later...