Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where To Get Angled Scope Mount?

wide45

While the idea is novel, I like the low lens to bore line. I have tried angled mounting of scopes back in the tube days. They are a pita to sight in. You can get used to it, but even at exactly 45 degrees to normal mounting, you have to pay attention to how the point of impact moves to each turn of the screw.

Instead of working with an axis like this +, you have to sight in with this axis X. It can be done, but it's just a bit more of a hassle when I'd rather just be shooting....I'll post a link to my range diary post when I write it,it'll explain somewhat.

I have a similar mount for the big old Tasco, so I know about zeroing. I love the low dot with that thing, but it weighs too much, and I don't trust it won't break.

Looks like getting to the screws on the C-more might be fun.

Never had a C-more. I don't like the super high dot location with the normal mounts. I'd like to go with a slide mounted dot, but too much dinero for the doctor, and the Jpoint I looked at was too dim.

Hey Pat, did you notice where the former windage adjustment will be? What do you have to do, take the slide off the adjust the scope? That combined with the increased difficulty in zeroing and it could be a serious PITA.

Neat concept though....

Derek at Millenium Custom is selling the dead ringer of that mount. A buddy just bought a Millenium Custom with that mount. Said it was a pain to sight in but once it's there it rocks.

Derek is selling Barry's mount.

You can switch the windage screw around to the other side of the scope. You have to drill and tap holes for the lock screws for both the windage and elevation.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone every seen a blast shield integrated with one of these? If so pics or explanation?

It has been discussed before, but mounting the blast deflector is the problem.

I'm meeting Barry after work tonight for a beverage or two. I'll discuss this with him then and see if he's thought up anything new.

He has a shotgun mount that is similar to this, but mounted on the right side of the gun. I have one on my 1100, if I get a chance, I'll see if I can get a pic of that posted.