Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Long Are You Supposed To Wait...

to receive a trophy you won at a match before you say something?

Back in early September I shot the Long Island Championship with two friends. All three of us won our class in our division at the match. Here it is the first week in December and none of us have gotten our trophies.

Since I have never won a match where the trophy was to be mailed to you I have no idea if two and a half months is a reasonable time to wait before saying something.

I don't believe that there is a set time...I've gotten them as early as 5 days, and waited as long as 10 weeks. Send the match director a friendly email and ask him when you can expect your plaque.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this question :)

I think it's a good question, and one I had myself, after winning my class at the VA/MD Sectional, back in early August, this year, and still not receiving a plaque.

It's not that big deal, but as Mark Twain said: "How happy the smallest thing makes us, when we feel we've deserved it."

I wish all major matches were clear on: 1) Is there a prize ceremony? 2) If not, what happens? If so, what happens if you can't be there?

Just be polite.... good MDs are hard to find.

I thought a MD lost an award I earned.... then I found out he gave it to another shooter to deliver.... and that shooter was still riding around with it in his trunk months later :o

BTW-- I've received them in 2 hours :) and also in 6 months. :(

Edited by MichiganShootist