Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Worse Day Shooting. (so Far)

ShaunH

It was one of those days that started out really promising. Like you're eating the most perfect ice cream sundae with whip cream and a cherry on top and after biting into it you discover a cat turd.

We were shooting a Pistol Caliber Carbine match at Tri-County Gun Club in Oregon. I was two stages down not doing very well, but optimistic as we went into the third stage. Buzzer went off and I began to rip right through the stage. Time was pretty good and I was pretty happy until I heard the score keeper say the timer didn't record the last shot. WTF! Re-shoot. Well, the re-shoot gods aren't friendly to me and in the past have made several examples of me. I thought, I'll keep a positive attitude and maybe it'll work for me again. I hear the buzzer and I'm off and shooting it faster. I perform a mag change in my 9mm AR and the mag won't seat. Crap!! I must have 33 rounds in that Colt mag. I strip one off with my thumb and all of a sudden 30+ 9mm bullets make a single golden rainbow, which was really cool looking and funny if it happened to someone else. Thus the cat turd as I looked at the golden rainbow helpless to stop it. I looked at my leg pouch and uttered a very colorful expletive and showed clear when I realized I didn't have my other magazine on me. 5 targets left + FTE + no bullets = zeroed stage.

The next stage wasn't much better. Out of bullets, I pulled an Eric Cartman and said "screw you guys Im going home." Should have gone snowboarding!

It was one of those days that started out really promising. Like you're eating the most perfect ice cream sundae with whip cream and a cherry on top and after biting into it you discover a cat turd.

The next stage wasn't much better. Out of bullets, I pulled an Eric Cartman and said "screw you guys Im going home." Should have gone snowboarding!

Yup---same match. My 9mm AR which is normally a tack-driver suddenly decided

it was a shotgun. Couldn't hold a 12 inch pattern at 25 yards. Suspect that something

has come loose in my old Tasco PDP5-CMP dot. Then one of my 2 32 rd mags that NEVER

screw up decided to start hanging a follower. 2 PM, 2 stages left to shoot, gun won't

put 2 bullets in a row in the same county, mag hanging rounds. Trevor and I were about

20 minutes behind you in "leaving to find something better to do".

Bill

Yup---same match. My 9mm AR which is normally a tack-driver suddenly decided

it was a shotgun. Couldn't hold a 12 inch pattern at 25 yards. Suspect that something

has come loose in my old Tasco PDP5-CMP dot. Then one of my 2 32 rd mags that NEVER

screw up decided to start hanging a follower. 2 PM, 2 stages left to shoot, gun won't

put 2 bullets in a row in the same county, mag hanging rounds. Trevor and I were about

20 minutes behind you in "leaving to find something better to do".

Bill

I guess I should have said something to you before I left. I don't like to drink alone!!

I had a stage with my 9mm AR that would just not quit. Talk about not picking up shots. I had to shoot the same stage (4) times as the timer would no pick up the shots.

On the final run, the RO looked at the timer after a 40 round field course and saw that he picked up exactly (6) shots. Luckily it was the the first (4) and we as a group decided the that last (2). The splits between shot four and five was 32 seconds. The RO said after the stage, "If I have to get any closer to you to record your shots, you better bring flowers and buy me dinner next time." :wub:

I had a stage with my 9mm AR that would just not quit. Talk about not picking up shots. I had to shoot the same stage (4) times as the timer would no pick up the shots.

On the final run, the RO looked at the timer after a 40 round field course and saw that he picked up exactly (6) shots. Luckily it was the the first (4) and we as a group decided the that last (2). The splits between shot four and five was 32 seconds. The RO said after the stage, "If I have to get any closer to you to record your shots, you better bring flowers and buy me dinner next time." :wub:

LOL!!! :lol:

I strip one off with my thumb and all of a sudden 30+ 9mm bullets make a single golden rainbow, which was really cool looking and funny if it happened to someone else.

Since it happened to someone else (you!) I found this quote very funny. :lol:

Sorry.

Wish I could have seen it though! B)

We were shooting a Pistol Caliber Carbine match at Tri-County Gun Club in Oregon. I was two stages down not doing very well, but optimistic as we went into the third stage. Buzzer went off and I began to rip right through the stage. Time was pretty good and I was pretty happy until I heard the score keeper say the timer didn't record the last shot. WTF! Re-shoot. Well, the re-shoot gods aren't friendly to me and in the past have made several examples of me. I thought, I'll keep a positive attitude and maybe it'll work for me again. I hear the buzzer and I'm off and shooting it faster. I perform a mag change in my 9mm AR and the mag won't seat. Crap!! I must have 33 rounds in that Colt mag. I strip one off with my thumb and all of a sudden 30+ 9mm bullets make a single golden rainbow, which was really cool looking and funny if it happened to someone else. Thus the cat turd as I looked at the golden rainbow helpless to stop it. I looked at my leg pouch and uttered a very colorful expletive and showed clear when I realized I didn't have my other magazine on me. 5 targets left + FTE + no bullets = zeroed stage.

You should have just got on your knees, picked each one up, blew them off, reloaded the mag, and continued. :) Now everyone thinks your a quitter. ;) Hmmmm.......how long before a timer's auto shut off kicks in???....You might have got a reshoot if you would have taken long enough. :D Timer failure. ;)

I strip one off with my thumb and all of a sudden 30+ 9mm bullets make a single golden rainbow, which was really cool looking and funny if it happened to someone else.

Since it happened to someone else (you!) I found this quote very funny. :lol:

Sorry.

Wish I could have seen it though! B)

It was really cool actually, but all I could do was stand there and watch!! I've seen some pretty funny things happen at matches. I suppose it was my turn...again. By the way congrats on making master!! I saw your myspace page!

You should have just got on your knees, picked each one up, blew them off, reloaded the mag, and continued. :) Now everyone thinks your a quitter. ;) Hmmmm.......how long before a timer's auto shut off kicks in???....You might have got a reshoot if you would have taken long enough. :D Timer failure. ;)

In point of fact, that wasn't my last stage, I picked up the bullets and used them in the next stage. I shot that stage and was OUT OF BULLETS and therefore I was done. That's when I left. If I would have had more ammo I would have stayed and toughed it out, but my AR likes 9mm loaded slightly longer and sometimes has problems with factory loads. As for being a quitter, everybody there knows me very well and this is the first time I've ever left early. They can think what they want.

• 4 months later...