Who Are The Kentucky Guys On Here?

steel1212

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shoot rain, snow, or shine :D

Any excuse you can get...to wear fuzzy panties. :D

Yeah, give me a warm feeling inside lol.

It got canceled anyway! Took me an extra 30 minutes to get there to find 5 people there and a canceled match. Shot some practice with some friends and went home oh well so much for rain, sleet, snow, but cancel if its cold and no people :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i'm in louisville, KY.

i shoot with hidden hills/silver creek folks. if you don't know me, i'm the tall, funny-lookin' guy shooting the CZ SP-01 with very inconsistent results :D .

anyone else shooting/shivering easter morning at silvercreek?

frye

Due to range conditions caused by the recent rains the match at Silver Creek Sunday 15 April 2007 has been canceled. :(

That sucks? Is there going to be an email?

christa sent out an email and another shooter posted it on another forum.

frye

• 2 weeks later...
OK all you KY guys I found a plaque I won back in the 80's from the Central KY Practical shooters. any one remember that place out of Mt Sterling?

I dont remember it but I have heard about it. Drove by there once many years ago looking for a range to shoot. It was in Olympia, Ky. They dont shoot there any more. They didnt shoot there when I started in 93. I am sure Gary Stevens can tell you more since he used to shoot there, its just down the road from his house. I drove by there today on the way to Ashland to shoot. From what I understand Ken Tapp used to claim that club as his home club when he lived in Winchester, Ky. Hope my info is correct.

Who is shooting next weekend? The 29th.

OK all you KY guys I found a plaque I won back in the 80's from the Central KY Practical shooters. any one remember that place out of Mt Sterling?

I dont remember it but I have heard about it. Drove by there once many years ago looking for a range to shoot. It was in Olympia, Ky. They dont shoot there any more. They didnt shoot there when I started in 93. I am sure Gary Stevens can tell you more since he used to shoot there, its just down the road from his house. I drove by there today on the way to Ashland to shoot. From what I understand Ken Tapp used to claim that club as his home club when he lived in Winchester, Ky. Hope my info is correct.

Who is shooting next weekend? The 29th.

Thats the place and I did shoot there every month for a while. I met Gary, the Ratliffs and a few others from the ashland area that I do not recall names of. At that time I was building guns for Ken and Geno (he goes by Bobby now) so I was there as much as possible. I think I have a few pictures of matches there. I guess I am telling my age by telling about shooting at that club. I was trying to find anyone that was around back then. Shot KAPS today and what a perfect day for it.

Thats the place and I did shoot there every month for a while. I met Gary, the Ratliffs and a few others from the ashland area that I do not recall names of. At that time I was building guns for Ken and Geno (he goes by Bobby now) so I was there as much as possible. I think I have a few pictures of matches there. I guess I am telling my age by telling about shooting at that club. I was trying to find anyone that was around back then. Shot KAPS today and what a perfect day for it.

Gary is on here. I didnt actually shoot with Gary today, he was there, but I did shoot with the Ratliffs. We always try to squad up together. I got some videos of the match today and if I can figure out how to get them on my computer and edited I will put them up on You tube.

I met Ken Tapp at a shot show about 8 years ago. He was working the Tasco booth. they had a laser stage. Ken set the time to beat. If you beat it you won a PDP?. I beat it, I got my prize then ken walked up and on the first try beat my time to set a new mark to beat. He was like 65 years old. I wish I knew about IPSC back when you all shot at Olympia. I live 12 miles from Mt Sterling , since 1988. I used to ask where I could shoot and compete at gun stores and they either didnt know or wouldnt say . I wonder how many are in the same boat today as I was then.

Edited by chuckbradley

Gary is on here. I didnt actually shoot with Gary today, he was there, but I did shoot with the Ratliffs. We always try to squad up together. I got some videos of the match today and if I can figure out how to get them on my computer and edited I will put them up on You tube.

I met Ken Tapp at a shot show about 8 years ago. He was working the Tasco booth. they had a laser stage. Ken set the time to beat. If you beat it you won a PDP?. I beat it, I got my prize then ken walked up and on the first try beat my time to set a new mark to beat. He was like 65 years old. I wish I knew about IPSC back when you all shot at Olympia. I live 12 miles from Mt Sterling , since 1988. I used to ask where I could shoot and compete at gun stores and they either didnt know or wouldnt say . I wonder how many are in the same boat today as I was then.

Chuck I think alot of people are in the same boat today. I run a league on Thursday evenings in Louisville at the Bluegrass indoor range geared for beginers to introduce them to competitive shooting. then we send them to Hidden Hills tuesday evening shoots to start them on USPSA shooting. We get many new faces and they are looking for any way they can compete with the carry guns they have. Fun is the name of the game. www.glipsc.com for more info.