Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Super 9

jmatt

Ok I'll bite, why do we have to offer new divisions so a manufacturer can "get in"?  

The Smith Rep was out at a local 3-gun match, letting us know what they're up to, and don't get me wrong, I like that they are back and US owned again, but @#%!@#$ quit making curios, and start fighting for market share again!!!

Free Clues to S&W Management:

The Slide mounted safety / decocker is dead; it's a goofy idea and the frame mounted ergonomics just blow them out of the water (ala 1911, USP, CZ)

Stop copying or merging, MAKE SOMETHING MODERN.  Not a crappy knock off of a Glock, not a merger SW99, but a real 4th or 5th gen SW polymer framed, frame controlled DA/SA pistol like the USP. We should have had it TEN YEARS AGO instead of the damned Sigma.

Make something Classic, I know what I just said......but!!  You make forgings for Kimber, start making 1911s, and no, not oddball, plug in the slide, white elephant, 945's but real spec or better 1911s.  We would beat a path to your door, I promise.

The PC is nice, but start producing lillies to be gilt rather than silky sow's ears.  Huh?  Translation: We don't want another tuned gen 3 SW.  No matter how you port it or paint it.

There......whew, sorry I ranted.  But the SW Rep was talking about new 3" cased revolvers to trump the Ruger .480, and another SW99.  Who cares!!!!  Start producing new better guns or this fine old american industry will be recuced to fine art curios at rediculous prices (like COLT).

• 3 years later...
Free Clues to S&W Management:

The Slide mounted safety / decocker is dead; it's a goofy idea and the frame mounted ergonomics just blow them out of the water (ala 1911, USP, CZ)

Stop copying or merging, MAKE SOMETHING MODERN.  Not a crappy knock off of a Glock, not a merger SW99, but a real 4th or 5th gen SW polymer framed, frame controlled DA/SA pistol like the USP. We should have had it TEN YEARS AGO instead of the damned Sigma.

Make something Classic, I know what I just said......but!!  You make forgings for Kimber, start making 1911s, and no, not oddball, plug in the slide, white elephant, 945's but real spec or better 1911s.  We would beat a path to your door, I promise.

Wow... this was written in 2002 and now they've got some of the most kick @$$ 1911's on the market and the M&P just coming out. Dirtypool40 must be some guy to make some action like that!!!

Edited by jkrispies