Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Carry .45

Matt Cheely

Neat little piece. What other plans do you have for it?

Want to do some more machine work on the slide. Add front serrations, and finish replacing all of the kimber MIM parts.

Pretty slick idea Matt, what made you think of that?

I remember seeing a king time ago that someone made a MSH like this one because thier wife/daughter had small hands. I just think it is nice and slick for a carry gun.

Matt, why did you choose to go with that custom fused grip safety/mainspring housing instead of getting the Novak part? Is it because it's an officer's frame?

Also, no grip tape, checkering, scalloping, snake skin, any other means of improving friction? :o

Matt, why did you choose to go with that custom fused grip safety/mainspring housing instead of getting the Novak part? Is it because it's an officer's frame?

Also, no grip tape, checkering, scalloping, snake skin, any other means of improving friction? :o

Carry gun so no snag is good.

I had no idea that Novak makes a similar part! :o

ETA: I found it on their website

I do find it slightly funny that they took 8 months of R&D and I finished mine in one day. B)

Edited by Matt Cheely

I do find it slightly funny that they took 8 months of R&D and I finished mine in one day. B)

That is a riot!

It's kind of like NASA spending millions of dollars to engineer a pen that will write in space. The Russians settled for a pencil.