Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newest Addition To My Family

half inch groups

attached is a pic of my latest auction winning. most of the bells n whistles were already put in this gun. I dont know how competitive a high cap .45 is, but for just over $2k I picked up this hard chromed, shueman coned bull barrel, comped, tungston 2 pc. guiderod, aftec extractor,

limcat long titanium firing pin, Cmore, STI magwell, built from texas gunsmith. (dont know the name) but she is smooth and flat. optics sighted perfectly out the shipping container. the gun is flawless. no scratches, dings, cracks or chips. it like new! a slide racker and a thumbrest, drill/tap mag release for an oversize release, some hi cap mags and I'm ready to play! Anyone got any 170mm. Hi cap .45 tubes they want to part with? How many .45's fit in a 170mm? anyway, here goes. I'm jazzed! :) Anyway, I want to thank the members and mods who have helped me realize what I really need to get the job done!

post-8838-1163328877.jpg

thats nice :) . if you don't mind me asking, which auction site did you get it off from?

I got it from auctionarms.com. good luck! Ive been scouring auctions for months. this was the first decent S_I I found on auction arms or gunbroker.com. I love auctions! its like gambling! you really dont know what you have til its in your hands. I have bought a number of used guns via auctions and I have only had 1 dissapointment where i bought a SA trophy match for $500 and It needed a lot of work. A friend was shooting a friggin taurus, so I gave to him for 3000 reloads since he couldnt afford to buy it outright and works for a range. He took it apart and polished her up a bit, and he couldnt be happier. I havent seen him shoot better than he does now.

Yoshidaex, arent you in CA? coulda sworn I breifly met you at gopher flats last month. I bought this gun for FL. I figured the price was really right for something this tight, being the stocker runs for $2000+ hard chromed w/o the additions and the smithing. Now if I could just find some tuned .45 hi caps!

I may have met you at gopher flats but there was so many people there that weekend (Pig Roast match) I forgot who I met and didn't meet after looking at the match results.

Actually I like to look at the auction sights and see what people are asking for. Plus the pictures gives me ideas on what I would like to do with 2 DROS'd STI frames I have :D .

sorry i'm gloating.

Hey Pharoh bender. I thought I did pretty good for myself. Wasnt totally sure though as I'm pretty new to the market. Since I paid about $500 less than my limited gun in my avatar I thought I did pretty good. After shooting another members open gun I couldnt resist. As I said before I was big into 1911 .45's, I thought it couldnt hurt to have a 2011 of my favorite caliber. question, for the comp to truly work properly, you need a lot of pressure. will loading the gun up +P help or hinder the performance of a comp? I have an open .38s If the .45 is too much gun but I doubt it. Since I'm not terribly serious about competition, I think it will be a great gun to shoot open with. It will give me the max power factor and I imagine the muzzle flip will slow me down enough to take a milisecond to re align my sites and actually aim for the A's. After watchin the matches, I think the People who shoot the courses a little slower score better w fewer mikes and dreadful D's.. all those time penalties can be easily made up by shooting more accurately in my opinion, but i'm a noob to competition so what do I know? :blink:

Sounds like a fun gun, and a great deal, especially for CA. The most important thing is that you enjoy it.

It's not that the .45 will be "to much gun", but how many rounds you can stuff in your mags, and how flat you can get it to shoot.

You'll want to do some checking, but I'd guess off the top of my head you will want to shoot the lightest bullets you can (155's?) for high velocity, and a powder that will generate lots of gas and drive that comp, to get it shooting flat. I'm sure you will be in the +P realm to do that.

Have fun!

thats cool

I bet you will want to find some cheap 155 grain cast bullets and a large dose of slower than usual powder(*for a 45)

I bet universal clays will get you there w/o going into +p territory.

cool gun and good luck

HIG,

:lol: don't hog everything up. you should let some of the unfortunate ones in the PRK play also. unless you're gonna buy tons of STI guns (not more than 50 i think), bring them back to kali, and do some PPT transfers after you paid $19 dollars to register all 49 of them ;)

A buddy of mine shot a .45 Open gun and did very well with it. I doubt that you will get more than 21 rounds into legal 170mm magazines but that is not a huge problem on most stages.

He loaded 152-155 gr projectiles over Winchester Action Pistol. It took a bunch of powder but that created a lot of gas to work the comp and kept the peak pressures fairly low. The gun was soft, reasonably flat and easy to shoot.

Have fun with your new toy!

• 2 weeks later...
SV shows they have tubes in stock.

i bet a big dose of blue dot may be cool too..

FWIW WAP is Ramshot Silhouette...and is butt-nasty in the 45.

perhaps some WSF would work too?

Titegroup or good ol 231 perhaps? blue dot? I used green dot for Shotgun loads. to flaky...

I'll look at the SV site, I was just lookin for a deal...