Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more mount question

L9X25

I am re-mounting my C-more using one of Dawson's new blast shield type mounts.  I believe that most mounts are designed to center the dot on a singlestack 1911 style frame (.750 wide).  Since my guns are on SVI frames (.830 wide), how many of you machine the mounting pads .040 to pefectly center the dot over the barrel?  Is this too meticulous?  What do you think?

Thanks,

Leo

I think the Dawson mount is made with the S_I frame in mind, could be wrong.  If not I would machine it to center the site and dot.  I wouldn't want to train my eye and support system to look for my site off to one side, who knows you might need to shoot something with the sight centered someday.

I e-mailed Dave to ask what frame the mount was designed to match and what he thought about it and will post his reply here.

Most Companys usually design for the 1911 (singlestack) because you can always machine some metal off and make it fit anything else but it is much harder to put metal back.    I have a milling machine so doing the work is not that difficult.  Just wanted to see if anybody else does this.

Thanks,

Leo

I have mine in the center and like it there. Is that not where it should be?

I use the Allchin 1911 mount. Tommy centered mine with out me saying anything about it, but he is like that, wants everything to be 100% right. That's why I like dealing with him. He is "DA MAN".

So,IMO put it in the center.

(Edited by Philip Dedmon at 9:13 pm on Jan. 16, 2003)