Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Some "harmless" Politics In . . .

davidball

This thread makes no sense to anyone but David and Flex right? :unsure:

A couple of threads started this morning (not by me) about yesterday's elections . . .

I did (confession time) manage to add a post before the mods closed it . . .

It was fun, like sneaking a cookie just out of the oven when no one is looking . . .

At the IN state match last year Flex observed that I spent a bit of time running around because shooters called for calibrations on steel they had shot and hit in "unusual" places (like two inches from the BOTTOM of the popper). . .

The inference being that if I make Flex do extra work closing political threads, he will make extra work for me calibrating steel . . .

Dale, you usually get this kind of stuff . . . off day? . . . just too obvious??? :):blink::)

A couple of threads started this morning (not by me) about yesterday's elections . . .

It was fun, like sneaking a cookie just out of the oven when no one is looking . . .

At the IN state match last year Flex observed that I spent a bit of time running around because shooters called for calibrations on steel they had shot and hit in "unusual" places (like two inches from the BOTTOM of the popper). . .

The inference being that if I make Flex do extra work closing political threads, he will make extra work for me calibrating steel . . .

Dale, you usually get this kind of stuff . . . off day? . . . just too obvious??? :):blink::)

Wow --- not bad. I had no first hand knowledge of the IN State Match, but surmised pretty accurately that it was something like that.....

.....and I would have called for calibration too ---- you might have hit in the wrong place....

Hmmmmmmmmm......must be coming down with something. I am a little slow today. :D

Oh, by the way David. I'm really sorry about that loss to the Dolphins. Any one who shuts out the Packers at home really should have an undefeated season and win the Super Bowl.

Oh, by the way David. I'm really sorry about that loss to the Dolphins. Any one who shuts out the Packers at home really should have an undefeated season and win the Super Bowl.

It was inevitable . . . I just didn't see it happening at home against the Dolphins. I'm predicting 12-4 for the Monsters and a first round playoff win. After that, crapshoot.

The fate of my beloved Bears depends on how quickly Rex matures. He's got the skills and the mental ability, just a matter of staying healthy and developing.

I will confess to being one of the trouble makers that started a political thread.

I read the guidelines for the "What I Hate" forum once upon a time but did not realize this was a taboo until I went back and re-read them.

I'm sure the rules serve a purpose and I will abide by them.

That having been said, this is a shooting forum and I don't know how you can ever separate politics and shooting.

If you know the answer to that one, please inform the NRA. ;)

Tls

Edited by tlshores

That having been said, this is a shooting forum and I don't know how you can ever separate politics and shooting.

Tls

Pretty simple, and we do it all the time. Just takes a bit of self-restraint ;) (I've got plenty of political views too.)

The NRA is a political/lobbying-type organization. Brian Forum is a place to share information on improving shooting.

Everybody know what politics are, and everybody knows what shooting is. They are seperate things. Too bad that they are often related, but they don't need to be here. Here is a place where we can get away from the politics (that we can, and do, get in plenty of other worthy places) and we can focus on the shooting.

I will confess to being one of the trouble makers that started a political thread.

I read the guidelines for the "What I Hate" forum once upon a time but did not realize this was a taboo until I went back and re-read them.

I'm sure the rules serve a purpose and I will abide by them.

Tls

Many before you have asked this same question. :D

No, it makes sense. Just scan the other post like the "Hate" one where somebody wrote they were all worried about the fate of our country now, which necessarily implies that the results of the election will destroy the country. Here's the title:

" The Congress In The Hands Of Liberals

Osama is partying tonight"

The point is, when the mods lock the thread and leave it up, it means somebody got their "bash" in and nobody else can reply.

That's what they are talking about.

Edited by bountyhunter

I'm voting for fixed sights.

I'm Flexmoney and I support this message.

Fixed Sights? They sound like a good idea. Their users claim they are more "reliable." But where do you find them? Hidden. Hidden in inside the waist holsters on "Practical" shooters. Hidden. Hidden under vests. Have you ever asked yourself "What do they have to hide?"

C-More sights have nothing to hide. C-more sights are for everyone. C-More sights are always in the Open.

I'm AikiDale and I approve this message. :D