Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sacramento Valley Multigun

rich-yer shooting yoylo on ny eve? hell, i mioght just have to drop by...

Trying to. I want to shoot anything while I'm home before deployment. Figure do a couple of things at once. Shoot and help out the Yolo Jr. Rifle team. No one's responded so far.

Rich

ok, stage 4 will now be only 18 slugs. stages 5 & 6, long range rifle, have targets from about 50 to 240 yds or so...nothing beyond that. count on strange shooting positions, lots of running, doing cpr and probably laying in the dirt. and just for geoff, a ramp.

our pigeon flippers are getting the clays to go about 20-25' in the air. lots of rifle partials and no-shoot city on the slug stage. hardly any pistol, what can i say.

we'll be doing 5 squads to try to get thru the match by 1630-county ord sez that's the last shot. be there ready for a walkthrough at 0830.

this morning at the range it was 27 degrees...got nicer as the day went by. but dress warm. yea, fridge will be open-but the beer is at my house.

ok, stage 4 will now be only 18 slugs. stages 5 & 6, long range rifle, have targets from about 50 to 240 yds or so...nothing beyond that. count on strange shooting positions, lots of running, doing cpr and probably laying in the dirt. and just for geoff, a ramp.

our pigeon flippers are getting the clays to go about 20-25' in the air. lots of rifle partials and no-shoot city on the slug stage. hardly any pistol, what can i say.

we'll be doing 5 squads to try to get thru the match by 1630-county ord sez that's the last shot. be there ready for a walkthrough at 0830.

this morning at the range it was 27 degrees...got nicer as the day went by. but dress warm. yea, fridge will be open-but the beer is at my house.

Sounds good except for all the running around and prone stuff. ;)

Edited by Overkill

Fun, Fun, Fun! But I'm bushed.

My favorite was that first rifle stage; there was no gaming the prone positions and you had to find a new good position for each target. Just enough range to be challenging without being so long that you're tempted to just send one and move on. Usually its the long rifle stages that separate the men from the boys, but I think the slug stage took that honor this time.

I sucked, but had a good time..........We had some new 3 gun shooters on our squad and they had a good time as well. They also seemed interested in shooting USPSA matches as well, so maybe some new blood got recruited. Overkill is correct about that slug stage!!!

Next time the M-1 Garand is coming out. If I'm gonna choke on a rifle stage, I wanna do it with style.

Next time the M-1 Garand is coming out. If I'm gonna choke on a rifle stage, I wanna do it with style

Ron, bring the Garand to Richmond at the end of April. You can run in your own category and also be competitive in the overall standings against the mag feeders. I am going to let the Garand shooters get away with one hit per paper target just like the manual operated rifles do.

http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_2007.php

Cool!!! I may have to choke with style.....

Anyways the most important thing is to bring out NEW shooters out to have fun. Guess my point is that this type of "local 3 gun shooting" is bringing new blood out. This last match was designed to make it easier for new shooters (I sucked though) . This will introduce them into USPSA type handgun shooting!! I really do hope that the 3 gun style (or two gun, but it really doesn't matter) of shooting gets more folks into USPSA shooting. This is all a good thing & I hope it continues.....To Butch, John H., Bruce K. & the others.....thanks

I had a great match at Sac this weekend. Thanks to Berkim for letting me borrow his Rifle. Chris was about the only one who cleaned the 4 popper - 4 clay targets in that order. I was shooting a pump and had to do them one at a time.

I'm definitely thinking about getting my Model 700 up and running for the BARC.. Though.. I'm concerned about it's 5 rd mag..

Vince

Edited by sargenv

We had some new 3 gun shooters on our squad and they had a good time as well. They also seemed interested in shooting USPSA matches as well, so maybe some new blood got recruited.

Good Point, we had a couple 3G newbies too. They were really outstanding; Quick learners, great attitudes, good squad maners, and most importantly Safe.

I'm definitely thinking about getting my Model 700 up and running for the BARC.. Though.. I'm concerned about it's 5 rd mag

Don't be. Manual rifles only have to shoot one round per paper target. I will be shooting in the bolt action division with a 700 that has a blind "4" round mag. Loading skill and working the bolt fast is de' thang' here, not mag capacity ;-)

I'm definitely thinking about getting my Model 700 up and running for the BARC.. Though.. I'm concerned about it's 5 rd mag

Don't be. Manual rifles only have to shoot one round per paper target. I will be shooting in the bolt action division with a 700 that has a blind "4" round mag. Loading skill and working the bolt fast is de' thang' here, not mag capacity ;-)

Hence why George isn't probably going to whip out the T2k. ;)

Rich

Hence why George isn't probably going to whip out the T2k
A T2k would be Open Division. A blind mag 700 can shoot in the Sporting Rifle division which allows optics. I hope to get a good number of bolt action shooters at the match in the Sporting Rifle division. You got a bolt action with a scope and a blind mag, BAM! You are good to go in Sporting Rifle. I think I may relent on banning Bipods in SR too.