Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sacramento Valley Multigun

Cool, I am probably in. Do we have to pre-register, or can we just show up on match day if we aren't certain about making it until that week?

Glad to see ya' using San Angelo scoring :-)

Not so glad about the TX*'s, hate them danged thangs! Best way to engage one is with a grenade ;-)

Cool, I am probably in. Do we have to pre-register, or can we just show up on match day if we aren't certain about making it until that week?

Glad to see ya' using San Angelo scoring :-)

Not so glad about the TX*'s, hate them danged thangs! Best way to engage one is with a grenade ;-)

geoff-git in yer entry-first 40 are in...sundown is around 1630, so we can't have an army...

there are 2 texas stars for yer enjoyment...

• 2 weeks later...
Still spots left?

David, John Hartsock is running the registration and his phone number is on the application. Give him a call. I sent my app in a week ago and assume I am in, but haven't heard anything yet. At this point, I am planning on staying an extra night and shooting the pistol match on Sunday too.

• 2 weeks later...
5 boxes of slugs, that's ~$15 for one stage

Unless you need a re-shoot :-(

I'm bringing enough for one run, it stands. The heck with having 100 slugs just so I can be ready to run it twice with all speedloaders stoked full each time.

Just found out that Jackson Arms in South City has a rifle rated trap now and will also let you shoot slugs into it.

I didn't have to fight traffic over to Richmond today just to function test and verify zeros. They only have 25 yards to shoot the long guns, but they can handle up to 30 caliber non-magnums and they said I can chrono if the rifle bay isn't busy :-)

They evidently don't see a lot of exotics there so everyone had to see and handle the JP ;-)

5 minutes from my house versus almost 1 hour+ each way at peak traffic times to Richmond (any time I go to Richmond lately seems to be a peak traffic time!). Seems like a better way to do basic testing and verify zero's quickly.

I should have flown home this weekend, once I found out I got today off. Dag gone flight schedule changes more times than I can count.

Oh well....next year...maybe. Hope y'all have a good time. BTW, I'm waiting to hear back from the folks at Yolo about a charity match that I'll put on (even if I have to build all the stages myself) on the 5th Sunday in December. I know it's New Year's Eve, but it's a match Sunday and my last before deployment.

Hope y'all have a great time and take lots of pictures.

Miss you guys!!!

Rich

ETA: George - Gotta love good ballistics software. 25 yard zero and/or generic hold over's and you're on at 200!

A yup! :-) If'n ya' know you POI's at various points, it's a good quik and dirty check to make sure things are still there. I like real distance zeroing, but know how to compensate.

yep-24 slugs-personally, i think 24 is boring-agree w/berkim-but i had no say. and it will be dicey-no-shoots on almost all 12 targets-distance about 35 yds. sorry. rifle...george, i'll see the finals on friday, but expect your favorite sick shooting positions.

rich-yer shooting yoylo on ny eve? hell, i mioght just have to drop by...