Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Coverage In Front Sight!

Hog Sniper

Front Sight? What Front Sight?

:angry:

Edited to add emoticon

Here we go again . . . some of us get it early, some of us get it late. Some of us get it early sometimes and then get it late other times. Some of us believe it's a conspiracy by the anti-gunners. Some of use think (know) that our local postmaster reads it first and then delivers it late. Hurricanes sometimes slow delivery down. Your neighbor's dog ate yours.

Just thought I would save some posts . . . :)

Everyone should have theirs soon.

Nice going revolver guys. Lord knows you deserve more respect than you sometimes get . . . shooting those things with the heavy trigger pull that you gotta reload all the time, and all. :)

Edited to add emoticon

Here we go again . . . some of us get it early, some of us get it late. Some of us get it early sometimes and then get it late other times. Some of us believe it's a conspiracy by the anti-gunners. Some of use think (know) that our local postmaster reads it first and then delivers it late. Hurricanes sometimes slow delivery down. Your neighbor's dog ate yours.

Just thought I would save some posts . . . :)

Everyone should have theirs soon.

Nice going revolver guys. Lord knows you deserve more respect than you sometimes get . . . shooting those things with the heavy trigger pull that you gotta reload all the time, and all. :)

Heavy trigger pull? How pre Randy Lee

Edited to add emoticon

i get mine about the time the next year's nationals are announced...

Edited to add emoticon

i get mine about the time the next year's nationals are announced...

Nice thread overlapping!!!! :D

Underlug, ssssh! we don't want anyone to think we're all gettin' soft. Easy triggers, and all. 'Sides Mike's winning trigger job is just a hair over a Dremel on/off switch.

My bad. We shouldn't let people know how much fun this all is, either. Everyone will want to do it.

DBall, Where have you been? Heavy trigger pull? You must still be hooked on the Glock thing... Passé (Did I say that out loud?) ;)

Alright... GOT MY FRONT SIGHT TODAY. Thanx pskys2 for the coverage of the revo croud at Kansas and congrats on your State Champion title. Mike, the photo only makes you look as fat as me :lol: Congrats on another win! Watch out, don't get that thumb caught on the cylinder.

The photo on page 19, is that DGSmith? No wonder I can't beat him, he can touch the targets with the muzzle!

The revo crowd (other than Jerry) getting photo space... Excellent!

Edited by Nemo

DBall, Where have you been? Heavy trigger pull? You must still be hooked on the Glock thing... Passé (Did I say that out loud?) ;)

Poor attempt at using stereotypes in humor . . . :(

Mike, the photo only makes you look as fat as me :lol: Congrats on another win!

Thanks! I see the photographer caught my good side. :P

Dave, very nice article! Didn't know an ol' country boy like you would be such a wordsmith. I really like the emphasis on the wheelgunners, but when you say, "Watching an accomplished revolver competitor is more like watching a dancer"--exactly what kind of dancer are you talking about? ;)

Y'know, I've been thinking. We've had some great press in Front Sight this year, and I know there's more good P.R. to come over the next few months. So I think our goal for next year is to get a revolver shooter featured on the cover of Front Sight! Wouldn't that be great? I'm thinking we need somebody who is smart, clean-cut, attractive, well-spoken, and polite. Somebody who has no unsavory skeletons in his closet. Somebody who has never passed out in an Ecuadoran brothel, and has never been seen wearing a pith helmet while not on safari. Somebody who doesn't make childish public comments about high-end moonclips and mainsprings, in a desperate and pathetic plea for attention. And I'm thinking it should be a young photogenic guy, a shooter who will represent the very best of everything it is to be the "Revolero Americano" of today, and carry the bright promise of Revolver Division into a shining tomorrow.

Luke Fay. It can only be Luke Fay. We need to get Luke on the cover of Front Sight.

Poor attempt at using stereotypes in humor . . . :(

:mellow:

Luke Fay. It can only be Luke Fay. We need to get Luke on the cover of Front Sight.

Yea! :)

Reading your description for a moment I thought you were going to nominate... Oh well, never mind. You did mentioned smart... ;)

Edited by Nemo

I nominate Johnny Brister............

After all, besides being a good ole Southern boy, He IS the first EVER all gun GM !!!!!!!

I think that might rate a Front Sight cover don't you folks?

Oh yeah, I forgot.....You guys/gals don't listen to the Hilljack. ;)

SAM

Johnny would be another great option. I don't have the pleasure of knowing him. Is he...

smart, clean-cut, attractive, well-spoken, and polite.

as Luke?

He

... has no unsavory skeletons in his closet.

...has never passed out in an Ecuadoran brothel,

...has never been seen wearing a pith helmet while not on safari

...doesn't make childish public comments about high-end moonclips and mainsprings, in a desperate and pathetic plea for attention.

... is a young photogenic guy,

... is a shooter who will represent the very best of everything it is to be the "Revolero Americano" of today,

... can carry the bright promise of Revolver Division into a shining tomorrow.

:huh:

That's a pretty demanding list of attributes, and judging from the bunch of revolver people I've met we're probably talking about Echo or Lisa Farrell! :lol:

:D

Mike, the photo only makes you look as fat as me :lol: Congrats on another win!

Thanks! I see the photographer caught my good side. :P

Dave, very nice article! Didn't know an ol' country boy like you would be such a wordsmith. I really like the emphasis on the wheelgunners, but when you say, "Watching an accomplished revolver competitor is more like watching a dancer"--exactly what kind of dancer are you talking about? ;)

Y'know, I've been thinking. We've had some great press in Front Sight this year, and I know there's more good P.R. to come over the next few months. So I think our goal for next year is to get a revolver shooter featured on the cover of Front Sight! Wouldn't that be great? I'm thinking we need somebody who is smart, clean-cut, attractive, well-spoken, and polite. Somebody who has no unsavory skeletons in his closet. Somebody who has never passed out in an Ecuadoran brothel, and has never been seen wearing a pith helmet while not on safari. Somebody who doesn't make childish public comments about high-end moonclips and mainsprings, in a desperate and pathetic plea for attention. And I'm thinking it should be a young photogenic guy, a shooter who will represent the very best of everything it is to be the "Revolero Americano" of today, and carry the bright promise of Revolver Division into a shining tomorrow.

Have to respond before reading any further.

Actually a cross of Ancient Oriental Kung Fu and Ball Room type dancing, that's what it seems like in my minds eye.

Wordsmith...(definition) 50 years of not being able to keep your mouth shut.

I was thinking of the same thing next year. I will be carrying a camera more often to catch those glorious moments. Luke's pretty chummy with that El Conqustador fella', but he "looks" clean cut! But then so does El Conq!

P.S. fair warning I'm half way thru the article on the Iowa Match. Just trying to fill the story with funnies now, oh and performance reviews! :mellow::rolleyes::o

gee I thought I read everything that Mas Ayoob has written. Wedge grip???? It works for me. Even though Dan was showing me a couple things for me to pratice. If I can cut my reloads down to stopwatch time instead of sundial I might be able to step up a class. And Nemo wait till I bring out that 12 inch taurus I have been eying up, i wont even have to move to shoot the stage.

gee I thought I read everything that Mas Ayoob has written. Wedge grip????

Yep!

I don't think my old shooting buddy Mas will mind me scanning in a couple pages from his great book "Stressfire" in order to explain what I'm talking about here:

wedge.jpg

It's a great technique. Sam and I both use it regularly.