Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Reload - Video

ATMester

nice standing reload...

now move, left/right -forward/backward - somewhere else than standing there...

I spent hours practicing the standing reload, then in matches, when it came time to reload I had to stop and reload because that's what I practiced...now my shooting buddies toss stuff at me when I stop and reload...

but it was a nice reload never the less...

michales

Very nice!

Ya know, I have learned a bunch from all the RL videos, from TT on down. But, I have yet to shoot a stage where I was just standing around waiting to reload! When I "dry" reload, I do it leaving a position, transitioning off a target, etc. I have found that a static start is a great way to do a camera ready reload but adding movement and other match distractions makes it a bit more honest. Static is great for working on form, adding movement makes it more realistic!

Just a thought,

Chuck

Edit: I read the thread and wound up replying about 3/4 hour later. I see Michaels hit on this also. Thanks!

Edited by ChuckS

nice standing reload...

now move, left/right -forward/backward - somewhere else than standing there...

I spent hours practicing the standing reload, then in matches, when it came time to reload I had to stop and reload because that's what I practiced...now my shooting buddies toss stuff at me when I stop and reload...

but it was a nice reload never the less...

michales

I couldn't agree more. I found this to be the case this year at the limited nationals. This is ONE of the areas I am going to get better at for next years matches.

This was a very nice standing reload though,,,,

on a timer, live fire, what can you get that down in? like the split between the 6th and 7th shot on an el prez.. with a single stack and kydex gear i get get them in the upper .90s with a high cap and race gear...in the upper .80s..