Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Sp01

mike_pinto

So I bought a SP01 all "Angus'd" out about 6 months ago for 3-gun. Great shooter with a 3lb trigger and just a perfect feel. I had a hard time reaching the safety with my thumb and was contimplating getting the CZ SA safeties. I don't shoot it in production so I figured I'll make it a single action only gun. WOW!!! Kurt disassembled the thing and put in the SA trigger, the reassembled by placing the spring thingy on the doo hicky around that pin whatchamacallit (I can work with 1911's, but the CZ's are new to me, so excuse the technical terms) The trigger is now 2 1/2 lbs, single action only and my thumb can reach the stock safety. I have cut the legs off the followers in the mags and can squeeze 21 rounds in the stock magazines. As soon as I learn how to shoot, this may make one fine 3-gun pistola. The gun will hold tighter groups then I am capable, and I've seen folks shoot really fast with it. I will post some pictures if anyone is interested..

Mike

My favorite CZ is a SA only 9mm, I usually shoot it in Lim-minor or at steel matches where PF doesn't exist.

I do have a DA/SA CZ, but I rarely shoot production.

I have another CZ that is SA only in .40, I should shoot it in lim-10 but I never have.

Two out of three of my CZ's are SA only with the steel trigger shown above.

It is also easier to just remove the grips, let the skateboard tape overlap the opening, trim along the frame edge with an Exacto and reinstall the grips; rather than carefully trim the tape prior to install. Same with skateboards, but there you overlay the whole thing and drag a file across the edge, then pull away the trimings.

Edited by Kory

I have cut the legs off the followers in the mags and can squeeze 21 rounds in the stock magazines.

Mike

Did you cut the springs too?? or just the followers..can you post a photo?? does the slide still lock back??