Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Space City Challenge

If you only shoot Sunday, are you eligible for anything on Saturday's random prize table?

Absoluteltyneed not be present to win. The only thing you will have to be registered by Saturday afternoon. I don't expect tha to be an issue

So those that show up late Saturday or Sunday morning loose out on the prize table?

Wasn't the prize table done while waiting on final results last year? Everyone would be registered at that point.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you only shoot Sunday, are you eligible for anything on Saturday's random prize table?

Absoluteltyneed not be present to win. The only thing you will have to be registered by Saturday afternoon. I don't expect tha to be an issue

So those that show up late Saturday or Sunday morning loose out on the prize table?

Wasn't the prize table done while waiting on final results last year? Everyone would be registered at that point.

I think he means being registered for the match by Saturday. What im guessing is that any one who is signed up to shoot the match will be in the drawing except for those who show up Sunday to see if they can sign up for the match and shoot on sunday.

If that makes any sence

joey

Edited by newshooter

No not at all, if you are registered for the match by Saturday morning you will be eligible for the prize table. We are doing the prize table Saturday because most of the shooters will be there and we have a lot to do Sunday especially after the match. I can't remember when we did the prize table last year, slept since then. You are probably right though. The table will be completely random I will pick a prize randomly and then have someone draw a name, if you are registered for the match, and are not there we will hold the prize for you to pick up Sunday or if you shot Friday and had to leave you would be contacted and the prize shipped to you. Obviously if you are not there and win a gun (at least 10 to be given away off of the prize table), it will be slightly more complicated but we will get it to you. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I think we have it pretty well covered but different issues always pop up. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

I went to the range today and noticed that I-45 is scheduled to be closed on 042207. The closure is South of the exit you need to take to the range but traffic will back up rapidly. The sign said it will be closed from 0800-1600 so make your travel plans accordingly. If anyone needs alternate directions drop me a line

Edited by lppd4

No not at all, if you are registered for the match by Saturday morning you will be eligible for the prize table.

I think I see where the confusion is - allow me to ask a couple of clarifying questions? By "registered", you mean signed up for the match? And, if so, then some 165 people are already entered in the prize table drawing, and no further effort is required other than showing up and shooting the match? Or, do we have to have checked in to the match and do something once we're there to be eligible for the prize table?

I can't remember when we did the prize table last year, slept since then.

Prize table last year was a bucket raffle format, and the drawings were done Sunday after the shooting was finished, but before awards.

If anyone needs alternate directions drop me a line

If you have 'em, might as well post 'em ;) Will it affect those of us coming from the hotels, etc??

BTW - the Texas South Section website appears to be down... Anyone got the match hotel info handy?

No not at all, if you are registered for the match by Saturday morning you will be eligible for the prize table.

I think I see where the confusion is - allow me to ask a couple of clarifying questions? By "registered", you mean signed up for the match? And, if so, then some 165 people are already entered in the prize table drawing, and no further effort is required other than showing up and shooting the match? Or, do we have to have checked in to the match and do something once we're there to be eligible for the prize table?

I can't remember when we did the prize table last year, slept since then.

Prize table last year was a bucket raffle format, and the drawings were done Sunday after the shooting was finished, but before awards.

If anyone needs alternate directions drop me a line

If you have 'em, might as well post 'em ;) Will it affect those of us coming from the hotels, etc??

BTW - the Texas South Section website appears to be down... Anyone got the match hotel info handy?

We are staying at days inn it is 115 for 2 nights. not bad at all free internet

Registered for the match-you are signed up and I have received your match fee nothing else is required. You do not have to be checked in.

Website is back in business we had to switch to a new domain service, it is up and running.

Where are you staying and I will have a better idea of if it would affect you or not? Also the freeway signs said the closure would be from 0800-1600 it may not even be an issue with an early departure to the range. I just wanted to warn everyone to expect possible delays

Registered for the match-you are signed up and I have received your match fee nothing else is required. You do not have to be checked in.

Cool - that's what I thought you were saying, but I don't think it was getting across to everyone clearly. So - you don't have to show up at the match by Saturday morning to be eligible, guys :)

Where are you staying and I will have a better idea of if it would affect you or not? Also the freeway signs said the closure would be from 0800-1600 it may not even be an issue with an early departure to the range. I just wanted to warn everyone to expect possible delays

Comfort Inn....

Guys,

Tom Duchman is the match vendor order in advance and he will deliver your supplies at the match. The number on his web page has been changed his contact number is 504-458-0093

Steve,

We will be driving up from Galveston, sounds like that freeway closing thing might impact us. Can you shoot me the alternate directions, like a different exit to take or something? thanks. Also, I can't get your website to open. I can't find any links that work.

We are looking forward to it! It snowed all morning here, & so hopefully we are in for some warmer, DRIER weather. See y'all soon. MLM

Website should be up now.

Mark I am not sure of an alternate route from the south, give me a day or so and I will come up with something for you. I will ask co-workers that live in that area for some help

Joey,

Congratulations, you got on one of the best 9 saturday squads there! ;) That is the squad I'm on. 5 of the guys are from our club, one used to be but moved to San Antonio, & one is my brother from Florida! Welcome. :D I didn't see a classification by your name or Whitney's when I looked you guys up, are you all new to uspsa shooting? Space City Challenge was my first ever "big" uspsa match 5 years ago. It is a great time in a very nice range. I've shot quite a lot of matches around since then & this one has always been a great match.

We have a big diversity in our squad from Kale( Brand new but a really good A) to Richard who just got started a few months ago & is still a D but moving up. My brother just made C so we have all levels.

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

MLM

Joey,

Congratulations, you got on one of the best 9 saturday squads there! ;) That is the squad I'm on. 5 of the guys are from our club, one used to be but moved to San Antonio, & one is my brother from Florida! Welcome. :D I didn't see a classification by your name or Whitney's when I looked you guys up, are you all new to uspsa shooting? Space City Challenge was my first ever "big" uspsa match 5 years ago. It is a great time in a very nice range. I've shot quite a lot of matches around since then & this one has always been a great match.

We have a big diversity in our squad from Kale( Brand new but a really good A) to Richard who just got started a few months ago & is still a D but moving up. My brother just made C so we have all levels.

See you guys in a couple of weeks!

MLM

Hello yep this is our first "real match" I am shooting C limited and whitney is C open i started shooting like 9 months ago and whitney started like 5 or 6 months ago we both are fairly new to this addicting sport! we will be driving up from Mcallen which is 4 hours south of san antonio. We will be up there on friday to see whats around the area and hopefully find are way to the range haha.

See you in a couple weeks.

Joey

Steve,

We will be driving up from Galveston, sounds like that freeway closing thing might impact us. Can you shoot me the alternate directions, like a different exit to take or something? thanks. Also, I can't get your website to open. I can't find any links that work.

We are looking forward to it! It snowed all morning here, & so hopefully we are in for some warmer, DRIER weather. See y'all soon. MLM

Not Steve, but maybe can help.

Mark, from I 45N go west on Hwy 6 to Alvin, North on 35 to NE on 528.

The range road will be on the right just before the bridge and Friendswood water tower.

Hope this helps.

Everything is on go. Looks like we have good if not perfect weather, Prize table is done plaques delivered, match is near capacity. Stages, squad matrix, Saturday and Sunday schedules on texassouthsection.com. Shooters meeting at 0800 hope to start shooting by 0815. Check in with shooter services to get goodie bag. We will give score sheets on each stage. We will know your shooter number please know your squad and we will be good to go. Any questions feel free to e-mail or PM me

Thanks

Steve Deardorff

Edited by lppd4

Edwin,

Hope that forecast holds! It turned cloudy here in the Panhandle and my truck burped causing me to lose my last possible day at the range.

Steve,

Sounds like it has all come together for you. Looking forward to the match again. Some of the guys in squad 4 are already in town so we will be ready early Saturday morning.

Keep those guns up!

David C

Edited by geezer-lock

Stages are built we are ready to go with RO"s, Staff and some competitors around 0815 in the morning of course the stages are not exactly as they appeared on the website, we had to tweak thenm some, I think everyone will be pleased. We should have a good match

Great news ! on the stage setup!

Made the drive last nite ! 13 hours, got in to Houston just in time for rush hour this morning.

Now I remember why I live in New Mexico, after leaving here 14 yrs ago. I think there are more cars in this area than the total number of people in all of NM.

See Ya on the range !

I'll be posting scores on the web at the end of each day.

They will be posted at the range as usual.

If you have photo's you'd like to see on the web page

please email them to:

tomneal@TNConsultingInc.com

I'll post some of them each night and forward all of them to the regular webmaster when he returns.

Range conditions are pretty good. We are in the process of getting power and water our part of the range and because of the trenching there are some moist spots. Watch your step or you may get your new range shoes muddy.

We are going to park as many cars as possible close to the stages. Just like we have for the past couple of years. The clubs 10 yard range will be open for club members during the match. Don't block parking in that area.

Port-a-cans will be delivered sometime Friday. The range still has 3 sets of bathrooms with running water.

Debbie Neal and Patty Leslie will be doing score keeping again this year. We have some kind of hunters ed class in the Blue Building. Score keeping will be done in the shop. Access to score keepers will be limited.

Friday's score keeping won't be done at the range. It will be done at home overnight.

Please remember that club members will be using other parts of the range during our match and try to keep the disruptions to minimum.

Steve Deardorf has done an execlent job on the prize table. All of our long time sponsors are back, big time. A lot of new sponsors are steping up.

I'll see you at the range.

Tom Neal

<_<:)<_< Shot the match today with the ROs. GREAT stages! much better than the photos, = several ways to shoot each stage+++A++ very nice group.

BUT! :(:huh: I shot my worst match ever ,= with a new gun that ran 100% perfect, Thanks Benny Hill. I just had 80points in penalties with one no shoot and !7!! misses. I did not have a clue, I must have closed my eyes on the second shot on the paper.

:wacko: Stevie Wonder would have had more hits :wacko:

Edited by AlamoShooter