Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 South Carolina Section Toys For Tots Match

Everyone,

Just wanted to let y'all know that the 2006 South Carolina Section Toys for Tots Charity Match will be held December 9, 2006, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia, SC. We will have 6 stages. As usual, entry fee will be a toy valued at $15.00 or more. You can pay in cash as well. We have LOTS of prizes that will be raffled off to competitors at the end of the match as well as a food vendor.

We keep getting more and more shooters every year. So, to speed up registration, Linda Chico will set up an online registration form so that we can get you in the system before you come.

As usual, we welcome ALL sponsors. Any prizes donated would be appreciated and we'll be happy to hand out info and put up banners at the match.

Hope y'all can make it.

Edited by Jack Suber

My wife and I will be there again for sure!

It's hard to get out of this match without a prize if this motivates anyone. I won a Glock holster last year and ended up "having" to buy a Glock a month later ;)

I'll keep an eye out for the online registration.

Thanks for the info.

Jerry,

I will have a surprise sponsor that I think will make someone VERY happy. I'll post when the online registration is available. See you then.

Jack

It's hard to get out of this match without a prize if this motivates anyone. I won a Glock holster last year and ended up "having" to buy a Glock a month later ;)

Thanks for the info.

Jerry,

I will have a surprise sponsor that I think will make someone VERY happy. I'll post when the online registration is available. See you then.

Jack

Thanks for the info.

Jack

If you're speaking of prizes, I think you make someone VERY happy every year. I'll be very interested in seeing the surprise this year, as my terrible luck in random drawings has taken a turn for the better now that my wife is with me to improve my karma.

Whatever you're doing, there's always a good mix of shooters at the match. Certainly not a "USPSA Only" event.

The 2007 Toys for Tots match will be held Saturday December 9th at the Mid Carolina Rifle Club range near Columbia SC. The match is the SC Section's annual Charity match to Benefit the US Marine Corp Reserve's Toys for Tots program.

Registration at the Range will start at 9:00 am. The match starts at 10:00 am. We will shoot 6 stages. There will be no classifier stage at this match. This cuts the cost of the fees we need to send to USPSA, so that more can go to the charity. Shooters may pre-registered at http://LChico.5u.com/t4t-info.html. See the link at the bottom of the page. The on-line application will be sent via email. Some of you may need to open your email application and hit the 'send' button to get the application info to me. At the match there will be a separate line for those pre-registered to drop off a donation & pick up score sheets.

The cost of the match will be a new, unwrapped toy (suitable for a child 12 or younger) with a value of at least $15. You may also pay a minimum $15 donation to Toys for Tots (cash or checks). These are minimum fees. In previous years, our shooters have been more generous. Checks should be made payable to 'Toys for Tots' and are considered tax deductible for income tax purposes. You can indicate with pre-registration how you intend to pay the fee, but this is flexible if your plans change.

We will not honor our usual discounts at this match: No set-up discount, no 'MCRC steel dollars' and no discount for juniors of new shooters.

There will be a food vendor (same guy as the last 2 years). He will have drinks & lunch available (usually around $5 per shooters) but be aware that he has donated a portion of his profits each year to Toys for Tots.

In the spirit of giving as much back to the charity, all class or division winners will get a personalized certificate (no trophies or plaques). This match is strictly about bragging rights!

We will do a random drawing, based on shooter numbers, for all the prizes donated by sponsors. In past years, sponsors have included Mossberg, Marvel Precision, Blackhawk, Sierra Bullets, Ancient Publishing (yeah . . .the one associated with this forum :) ), Starline, Hornady, and many more.

l hope to see you at the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Toys for Tots Match Statistician

Edited by LChico

Can you add an option to sign on as a virtual competitor ?

I can't make it to the match and I'm sure there are others that can't either. That way we register as virtual competitors , pay the $15 with no intention of shooting the match. I don't want to sign up and take a slot away from someone who would actually show up.

Thanks

Oops -- thanks for the reminder. We have always had virtual competitors.

Virtual Competitors -- If there are individuals who are not able to shoot the match, but wish to support this effort, we urge you to donate toys, cash or checks to Toys for Tots. We will list your name on the match page as a Virtual Competitor and your contributions are tax deductible as a charitable donation for federal income tax purposes. Send donations to MCRC Toys for Tots, PO Box 12334, Columbia SC 29211.

Vendors -- We would like to get vendors to come to the range. They will be able to set up vendor tables at the match by making a donation to the prize drawing merchandise. We do not have a minimum donation. The shooters enjoy being able to browse and purchase supplies.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Toys for Tots Statistician

Edited by LChico

• 1 month later...

Linda,

I'll be there and either myself or one of my sponsors would like to have a table there. I'll work out the details there, but anything in particular we need to do other than bring gear for folks to look at?

Rich

ETA: All y'all from Area 6 had better be there. It's one of the last matches of the year and T4T is one of the last charities for kids that hasn't gotten all politicized (see Make-A-Wish). Too, I want to see virtual competitors from all over the US. :D

Edited by uscbigdawg

Linda,

I'll be there and either myself or one of my sponsors would like to have a table there. I'll work out the details there, but anything in particular we need to do other than bring gear for folks to look at?

Rich

ETA: All y'all from Area 6 had better be there. It's one of the last matches of the year and T4T is one of the last charities for kids that hasn't gotten all politicized (see Make-A-Wish). Too, I want to see virtual competitors from all over the US. :D

Rich,

Just show up & we'll get you a table for display. This is a VERY informal & fun match.

As for Area 6, I have shooters coming from FL, GA, NC, TN & of course SC :) Still room for more shooters in the match however.

We have sent $295 to the local Marines group so far for Virtual competitors from the BE Forum. . .You folks are GREAT :wub:

I have not had time to PM & thank everyone yet -- I have this little 3 Gun Match at Ft Benning the weekend before T4T, and this may be the busiest 2 weeks of the year for me.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Toys for Tots Match Statistician

I would really like to come and shoot single stack...will there be enough registeredin the division to make it fun? :D

Hard to say -- only about half the shooters are pre-registering. Pre-registration is not mandatory (just encouraged to save time spent standing in line). I only have one single stack shooter right now, but I could have 5 or 6 at the match.

Please join us -- it's a great cause and we've had a lot of fun in previous years.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 Toys for Tots Statistician

I would really like to come and shoot single stack...will there be enough registeredin the division to make it fun? :D

We know you have been in secret training, come on out and show us what you have learned Grassshopper!! :o

Now I have no choice but to show my ugly face!

As master Wu once said :

"don't shoot hostages, roundeye!"

Update:

We have finalized the stages and round count. 7 stages and 167 rounds. Bring extra in case you get a re-shoot!

We will be using the classic target in case you want to practice. ;)

We will have food at the range.

Please remember to pre-register if you can (see Linda's earlier message). It will speed things up the morning of the match.

Remember - Do not wrap your toys. The Marines need to be able to see them so they can determine whether or not they are for a boy or a girl.

Sponsors have really stepped up this year. Visit our website to see who has sponsored:

http://www.southcarolina-uspsa.org/T4TSponsors.htm

All sponsor donated merchandise will be given away at the end of the match via a random drawing based on your competitor number. We have some good stuff this year! Please remember to thank our sponsors and remember them when you need to make a purchase.

Feel free to zap me an email (lightningjack@bellsouth.net) or call me at (803)206-5917 if you have any questions (Linda is busy with the 3-gun match this weekend).

See you next weekend.

Jack Suber, TY30299

Toys for Tots Match Director

Here's an idea for keeping warm on cold days - Get the Therma-care heat packets that stick to your back. I stick them on my back or T-shirt and then put a sweater etc. on top. They last about 8 hours and will really keep you warm. I use them for hunting and IPSC.

I thought I would bring this up for people that are coming to our Toys for Tots Match tomorrow. It will be 17 degrees tomorrow morning warming to around 51.

Thanks Uncle Sam for screwing up another weekend. It's apparently more important to set up tables at a FRG dinner than donate time and money to charity. Probably why I'm the only one in the Brigade with a MOVSM.

Oh well. I'll send some toys instead.

Rich