Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xl 650 Bullet Feeder

Chris,

The real deal (like at the match this past weekend) is at www.bulletfeeder.com.

The GSI unit that he listed is cute but you have to load projectiles into plastic tubes (like primers except about 50 at a time) and then the unit will place them on the case for you. What time you might save loading, you more than spend filling the projectile tubes. You also can't crank hard on the handle or the projectiles will fall over (or off) when the press indexes. I have an older GSI unit but took it off and keep it in the original box. If the new unit is improved that might be an alternative but what I have is junk.

Leo

Edited by L9X25

I was interested in the GSI unit, but it took them forever to respond to my e-mail. I wonder what their customer service is like? Their response time really soured the deal. I think I'll just do this part of the reloading process by hand.

• 2 weeks later...

The more I look at it, the more I'm passing. $250.- for the entire kit might be reasonable (say inline with the casefeeder price).

Loading a bullet is a quick sub 1 second one hand operation, pick up bullet and seat it on the case.

At $500+, I just can't justify it compared to feeding the bullets by hand just to save a very minor hand operation???

I'd rather buy a second press with that money, or a Giraud case trimmer, or ...