Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster For A Glock 35

srt-4

I just bought a hogue holster and like it alot. I bought it because I was using a fobus holster and it was just getting beat up. I also wanted a "race" holster for my glocks. I used to shoot L10, production, and limited scattered through out, but this year I most shot only L-10 and next year I plan on shooting Limited only. I really like the Hogue alot, although I cannot compare it to any others as I have not used anything else. The magnets do a good job of holding the pistol in place, if you are standing, but I would not trust it if I were moving. On moving starts, I have used it locked and unlock it on the draw without slowing down too much. The key to the hogue holster is setting up and fitting it correctly to the pistol so the lock is against the trigger guard. I also "lubed" the lock mechanism with armor-all and it did get alot smoother.

I am interested to see if anyone else chimes in and gives their opinion because I would like to know what every likes and dislikes as well.

P.S. The armorall is GREAT for cleaning mags and the mag opening on the frame. I now keep a small pack of armorall wipes (like baby diaper wipes) in my bag to clean mags and "lube" them.

armorallwipe.jpg

I am just a "B" class shooter but I have had mine for about a year and a half with no complaints. I like it and even used it in some of my early 3 gun matches before I bought a leg holster. With it locked it is pretty darn stable. Its as fast as I am. My time issues are not on my draw in my opinion, maybe when it comes down to that I might upgrade to one of the others mentioned but for now I need to focus on the shooting to better my scores. Anyways, good holster IMHO. my 2 cents....

Ghost or CR Speed. That's it.

Rich

How dose the ghost work to hold the gun in. I don't like the CR Speed holsters. I had a CR with my revolver and had my gun knocked out many times by my father after a good run. He would come up and give me a pat on the back and hit the gun right out. I want a holster that will lock up after a run and when I'm walking around or playing with my son trying to keep him busy so hes not bored.

Ghost or CR Speed. That's it.

Rich

How dose the ghost work to hold the gun in. I don't like the CR Speed holsters. I had a CR with my revolver and had my gun knocked out many times by my father after a good run. He would come up and give me a pat on the back and hit the gun right out. I want a holster that will lock up after a run and when I'm walking around or playing with my son trying to keep him busy so hes not bored.

It uses a spring loaded bearing that when the lock is on, locks the bearing in place so the trigger guard cannot come out of the holster. I've used mine now for several matches, with all sorts of start positions, and absolutely love it.

Ok so has anyone had the Hogue Powerspeed Universal Speed Holster

fail. I race slot cars and have a car that uses Neo mags. and if the holster is using the same type of mags. that gun is going no were untill I move it. I would think it would also use biger mags. than in my cars. I just realy like the Idea of being able to put many types of guns in it.

Ok so has anyone had the Hogue Powerspeed Universal Speed Holster

fail. I race slot cars and have a car that uses Neo mags. and if the holster is using the same type of mags. that gun is going no were untill I move it. I would think it would also use biger mags. than in my cars. I just realy like the Idea of being able to put many types of guns in it.

Never had a failure ever, even when I have forgotten to lock it up and only the magnets are holding it in. I actually had to sprint to my car jumping over a small wall to get to my car and back to grab ammo. when I got back to the stage I found out that I hadn't locked my holster, never fell out. I like that I don't have to walk around holding my gun like some guys who have their race holster so loose they have to practically have to hold it in when they walk around.

CR Speed. Been using one with my Glock 35 for a few months now. Works really REALLY well. The finger flip lock keeps the trigger guard locked securely until you're ready to shoot.

Ya I have a CR speed for my 8 shoot revolver and it dosent look like the ones that they are selling now. It had a click wheel in the back for locking it but it sucked. It looks like they have made there holsters much better.

Now the only problem with them that I can see is that they are used only for one type of gun and then you have to get a new one if you change brands ever and they are 200 dollars. I think there are very nice holsters for much less. I'm thinking ghost or hogue.

Ghost holster without a doubt. That's what my wife is using for her G35. We both used an older Ghost for L-10 with great results as well.

I'm currently using a Guga Ribas for my Para, but I would have been just as happy with a Ghost.

The Hogue, as far as I can tell, falls into the category of "something a lot of people have tried and hated" locally (and here - do a search), and I had no urge to blow money to test it myself. When folks here recommend a certain couple of brands, you can be sure they won't be a waste of money.