Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Public Challenge

hopalong

Here it is:

To those whom attended with a revolver the USPSA, IDPA, ICORE National Championships.

Recruit 1 (ONE) more shooter to go to the 2007 National Championships.

The IRC (ICORE) had over 200 shooters this year (GREAT!) and after 15 years of it they seem to have weathered the storm.........but don't stop shooting and going!

IDPA National had a slight resurgence from the measley numbers of last year caused by the split of the Division. But it is still behind from the previous years. <_<

USPSA set a new attendance record, and also had the closest competition in that division ever!!!

If you shooters that attended the IDPA, and USPSA Nationals bring 1 new shooter each to next years match that will be the largest to date of both!!!!!

Think about it!!!!

And then DO IT!!!!!!

SAM KEEN

I'll accept that challenge. I'll bet I can recruit at least one new Revo shooter (besides Sam C., that is) to shoot Nationals with us in 2007. I can already think of several very viable candidates right here in Iowa, and several more in other parts of the country.

(Really, I should claim 10mmdave and Nemo as my personal recruits right now, since I know both of them will not miss Nationals two years running!!) :D

I hope USPSA gets the time and place selected pretty fast. My work calendar is already filling up all the way through 2007......

I'll be happy to go to all the shoots people think I should be at, just let me know where to pick

up my plane tickets and ammo :P

But seriously folks, the 2007 season is shaping up fast, the IRC is already on my list along with

the PSA, various steel shoots, Area 7, Summer Blast, Area 8, AWARE, maybe the SC, after all those

trips that doesn't leave much $$$ for a week long trip to Illinoise <_< .

Yes they do need to get the date set by the first of the year.

And sorry Mike, can't claim me for the 2007 nats, hdgun get's that award since he already said we're

going next year, but that all depends on a lot of things.

Noone needs to recruit me.. It is my intention to go to the US nationals next year and since it's going to be on my side of the continent, I'm intending to also attend the Canadian Nationals next year as well (was told Coquitlam, BC) since wife's family lives in that general area. Apparently they don't have many revo shooters there either. D.Carden has shown interest. That means I'm not finishing any higher than second there :D

Vince

10MM......

The contract with PASA park is up this year........so therefore I would be highly suprised to see that venue again for a few years.

I expect to see them all go to Tulsa for a few years. But since the Open/ Production Nationals are there this year, I would look for the others to be there next and the Open/production to be else where...........that is if they keep the same format.

Mooney, I understand your problem.........hopefully there is way around it, all you can do is ask.

Hope to see very many more there next year. :)

SAM

If the Lim/L10/Rev Nats come farther west.. like I dunno, Albany, OR I'd be more likely to go there, but regardless of where next year, I'm going to try real hard to make it. My want is to make as many ICORE/IPSC/USPSA major or semi-major matches next year as I can.

I'm motivated by the excellent shooters we have in our club (John and Dan) and I look forward to meeting the rest of you guys wherever..

(now if I can just remember to bring beer for Cliff).

Vince

Edited for um.. yeah well ;)

Edited by sargenv

I'm moticated by the excellent shooters we have in our club (John and Dan) and I look forward to meeting the rest of you guys wherever..

Vince, those two guys moticate me too!! :lol:

We'll look forward to shooting with you in '07!

• 2 weeks later...

I have already recruited 2 for the USPSA Nationals in 2007!!! :D:D:D

Slots won't be a problem as the sections they are members of never use all their slots up anyway. ;)

I have some reservations on the IDPA nationals though, some of the participants I have spoken to were really not happy with them this year for several reasons. Will have to think on that.

Me personally, will not make the trip to California to shoot the IRC. IF and When they ever move it out of California (like Arizona) I'll be there.

Bones, which is the bigger division at the Winter Nats........ESR or SSR? (If I can make it)

SAM

Slots won't be a problem as the sections they are members of never use all their slots up anyway. ;)

I have some reservations on the IDPA nationals though, some of the participants I have spoken to were really not happy with them this year for several reasons. Will have to think on that.

Me personally, will not make the trip to California to shoot the IRC. IF and When they ever move it out of California (like Arizona) I'll be there.

SAM

Unless California has an outstanding warrant for your arrest, the IRC is worth shooting.

Not only the match itself, but what really caps it is the surrounding area. Morro Bay and SLO are a wonderful location with great restaurants all over the place. It is likely that there is no finer shooting venue in the country.

Politics be damned, put the revo in a case, stay under 75, and don't moon the cops.

SAM

Unless California has an outstanding warrant for your arrest, the IRC is worth shooting.

Not only the match itself, but what really caps it is the surrounding area. Morro Bay and SLO are a wonderful location with great restaurants all over the place. It is likely that there is no finer shooting venue in the country.

Politics be damned, put the revo in a case, stay under 75, and don't moon the cops.

+1..............If Morro Bay were not in California, I'd move there tomorrow. The IRC is good enuf to forget about being in Kali for a few days.

Does anyone know when the Rev Nats are going to be yet? Unfortunately, I have to reserve vacation time now.

I already have my IRC dates reserved B)