Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Idpa Nationals

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interim results are posted on the IDPA websight. What caught my attention is the total amount of PE (procedural error penalties) called so far. I counted 130 (total) for all those who have their scores posted (121 shooters posted).

What gives? A tuff stage or two?

Another observation is Mr. Langdon has 3 NS penalties and a PE and has yet to fire a shot.

Edited by Crusher

Here's another video, this one of Steve Moneypenny. Great seeing you at the range, Steve!

All the best,

Julie

So what happened to the mag at the mag change. I could not see if it was dropped or retained or what...? :huh:

The run did not look so much fast as smooth....

Which mag change, Dave's or Taran's? Either case, both were legal slide-lock loads.

Taran's run was the fastest time of the day for that stage. Dave's El Prez is probably one of the fastest IDPA El Prez's posted at Nationals if not the fastest (at least that was what rumor was on the bays.)

I didn't get any video, but Bob Vogel was shooting VERY well too - a real nice person and definitely one to watch!

All the best,

Julie

Here is the link to the interim results They are in an Adobe PDF.

Dave Sevigny SSP MA - 185.24

Bob Vogel SSP MA - 191.47

Taran Butler ESP MA - 211.20

Steve Moneypenny ESP MA - 270.68

My buddies Gordon and Gil are shooting with Julie, Ernest and Scott today and tomorrow. Best of luck to all of you!

Edited by vincent

So what happened to the mag at the mag change. I could not see if it was dropped or retained or what...? :huh:

The run did not look so much fast as smooth....

I think David Copperfield has nothing on this David...I've ro'd him a few times and I'm still looking for what he did with his mags and how he made the timer stop early....

quick is smooth, smooth is Dave...

michaels

Hi everyone,

Another guy to watch out for is a young man shootng in ESP Expert, his name is Donnie Burton. He came and shot our AZ State IDPA championships this year and although his is not well known with his practice schedule and work ethic, I would expect him to probably beat Taran in ESP Master class. I suspect Dave and Ernest will be safe but I would guess he would end up in the high 190's as a overall score.

I just noticed there is no Rob Leatham listed on the interim results. That seems odd.

I also just noticed that Ted Murphy is listed as DQ under SSP EX. Ted is a long time Nationals SO/CSO so that is another strange one.

Rob's at an NSSF event instead of the nats.

Not strange at all, I had an accident and ended up dropping my gun.

Revolver gods were pissed about the glock I guess.

You can thank such fast score posting to Forscore software from Beachbunnysoftware.com . We use it for our local and state match here in Idaho. It really is incredible software and it's benefits are enhanced when you have a large match to score. Nice job Jane!

Aaron

Here is the link to the interim results They are in an Adobe PDF.

Dave Sevigny SSP MA - 185.24

Bob Vogel SSP MA - 191.47

Taran Butler ESP MA - 211.20

Steve Moneypenny ESP MA - 270.68

My buddies Gordon and Gil are shooting with Julie, Ernest and Scott today and tomorrow. Best of luck to all of you!

Wow three FTDR's so far. At least the FTDR at Nationals club isn't so small anymore. I was getting lonely. Sniff. However these are interim results and things may change before the match is over.

AZGunut, you weren't kidding about Donnie Burton. He is on pace with several good ESP MA shooters after today.

Looks like SSP MA is going to be a good race as well.

Edited by vincent

Donnie Burton should be one to watch out for. I have seen him shoot a couple of major matches and that kid can flat shoot. Both matches I saw him shoot he had high overall (even though IDPA doesnt recognise it) and Dave was there for one of them in CDP. I think he is a senior in high school or a freshman in college. If you get the cance to watch him, take it.

Edited by austinkroe

Wow three FTDR's so far. At least the FTDR at Nationals club isn't so small anymore. I was getting lonely. Sniff. However these are interim results and things may change before the match is over.

I think the issue here is guns being weighed. From my understanding, several have been over weight.

Corky

How is an overweight gun an FTDR? I thought you could not compete in a match using illegal equipment.

The "Failure to do right" penalty is intended for competitors who intentionally circumvent the rules in a manner that technically (splitting hairs) is OK but is obviously against the intent of the stage or a specific rule. Before anyone jumps up and says "there go the IDPA guys and their intent defense again", take a look at all of the references to intent in the USPSA forum regarding Production division. It appears OK to use intent in that sport.

A pistol that weighs more than the limit for the division it is registered to compete in is deemd illegal equipment and the attempt to use the illegal equipment is deemed an FTDR.

This situation is no different than attempting to use 190mm mags in USPSA Open division.

In USPSA if your equipment doesn't meet the qualities of a given division then you are moved into whatever division it would fit into. However if you use 190mm mags in USPSA then you shoot for no score since there is no division in which that equipment is legal. I've seen the over length big stick issue occur at a major match. The competitor's names were removed from all results and it was like they were never at the match. There is no "penalty" per say.

If they had moved the folks from say SSP to ESP based on the weight of a gun then that would make sense. Applying an FTDR does not make sense to me (but in all fairness per IDPA rules the only person's opinion that matters is the Match Director).