Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FINALLY!

Singlestack

It took 14 months after making "B' lim10 to make "B" limited.

I have been trying too hard. For about 6 months I was using the "its gonna be good or its not gonna count" method. Did not work for me. I hovered around 58-59% for 8 months.

A few months back I decided to just try and get all the points. It worked!

I feel like a new man. I wanted it bad. I was tired of "C" class plaques. Got a wall full of them. I was also tired of being called "Sandbagger".

I had moved past the guys I picked at the beggining of last summer to beat by the end of the summer.

Now, its gonna get tough. The next guy I'm after is the Ga State Limited Champ. Last week I lost to him by .8% (the "clean" match).

Ya feel me Bill???  

Quote: from Ron Ankeny: Did you do it with your Singlestack?

Nope.

If ya remember, last year about this time I put together a SVI .40. So there was a bunch-o-growing pain(joy?) involved with the platform switch, new caliber to load, and with trying to learn how to make a Doublestack work 100%. I'm pretty sure, even though I take pride in having done it myself, I'll use a "Racegun Gunsmith" next time! You can't beat experience on some stuff. I have a pile of ruined parts

Theres a saying about "anybody can make a gun run most of the time".........!

I owe a lot to my friends here.

Way to go John.  I went thru the same thing.  I hovered all last summer "within a percentage point" of moving up.  

Finally, I calmed down and decide to shoot for accuracy.  I was able to hit all Alphas...trusted the speed to take care of itself.  Seemed so easy afterward.  

Maybe somebody can learn from our experiences.

In December my % finally moved up --- to 53.7xx and I immediately let it get to my head.  Since then I've tanked ---- badly, I think ---- six classifiers.  My percentage should be slipping.  I'm printing those posts to remind me to go for points.....