Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ninja Training

tightloop

It is not so much that a magazine article on training wannabe's is bothersome, but the quoted language of the instructor is..

I understand that some, and probably most of the wannabe's who are in the class are youngish, but for a 50+ yr old man, and the instructor or the course to use the adjective, DUDE...in almost sentence is disheartening and just plain obnoxious...

Unless you are 15 or 16 years old and live in the San Fernando Valley, that word probably has no use in instructive conversation...especially being quoted in a magazine article...

Pathetic... :(

Eric

Was reading it in the store while my daughter gathered some veggies....he is a very well know shooter and the magazine I think was called Combat Tactics....Can't mention his name..too political and raise too much fuss..just struck me as very juvenile and a bunch less than professional...you might get away with that with civilians who gather at your beck and call, but when I taught the Customs guys, that kind of grammar did not bode well for your long term contract extension...lol That is what got my attention...they were talking about doing some of the same things we did..shoot from moving cars, and then we did it from horseback, helicopter, 4 wheeler, whatever...

Merlin

Dude, Where did I leave my car?....or Dude, how far is it to Benny's shop, and like Dude, how much will it cost to fix what I screwed ;)

DUDE...in almost sentence is disheartening and just plain obnoxious...

Unless you are 15 or 16 years old and live in the San Fernando Valley, that word probably has no use in instructive conversation...especially being quoted in a magazine article...

Pathetic... :(

But, Dude, he does "the snake"! (insert tremendous gong effect) I read the same article. It should be automatically infered that when a guy uses the term "real world" he isn't talking about the "real world" to a bunch of guys who will never be in the "real world". Even more so when it appears in a magazine with any combination of ninja-esque terms like "combat", "tactics", "tactical", "SWAT", or some such.

How long before one of these guys has their students doing the "Chinese target stand" so they can "see what it's like to take incoming fire" and "hear what a bullet sounds like as it passes you" in the "real world".

There's a fantastic way to see the "real world", take the test or go to your local recruiter. They even pay YOU, albeit not well. And "it's real"!

I saw a bit of some sort of "Hi Speed-Lo Drag" (probably had "tactical" "real-world", "combat", and "gunfighting" highlighted in the ad) AR 15 class once-- they had the students spinning around their rifles like a baseball-bat race to get dizzy, then shooting targets at a few yards. The funny thing is I was sitting with a couple real combat veterans and they were laughing their butts off at the silliness of it all.

The "My tacti-guru is badder than your tacti-guru" is going to get somebody in big trouble someday, dude. Kinda like fraternity hazing, I'd guess, dude.