Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Happend To Raccoon Clubin Michigan?

TimBoettcher

• 1 month later...

The Raccoon Hunters(formerly) have moved the program to Livingston Gun Club. Many of the staff members that were involved in helping with the program have also committed to support the program.

The new name of the club is Livingston Action Shooters, and all match reporting will be done under this name, but the club code will remain MI15.

Stay tuned for 07 match schedule. :D

An existing USPSA club match director is moving to my club next year to run USPSA matches at my club. The former club retains the original club number of MI03.

The new program at my club will have a new club number, likely MI17 or MI18.

The club number is the property of the club that paid the affiliation fee and has a receipt for such payment. I would never think my club could possess a club number of a club that will likely continue USPSA programs.

The original Raccoon Hunters club may want to retain their club number so as to exercise the option of continuing the USPSA program under a new match director.

Just as the match director that is coming to my club leaves the club number at his old club so they may retain the option of continuing a program under a new match director.

Club numbers are club property, especially if they paid the affiliation fee. Taking the club number with you would be the same as taking the poppers.

This is dipping back into the politics, and some mis-information is already starting to rise in this thread. :angry:

Yes, one of the three reasons for canceling the USPSA program at the Raccoon Hunters were perceived safety issues.

Reason two is, some people did not like the outcome of the SC election, due primarily to (or so they think) the addition of another affiliation inside the Raccoon Hunters address.

Reason three was described as, well basically, personality conflicts.

None of the three of us were called to the "special meeting" to discuss any issues. Judgement was passed, and that was it.

Yes, I was one of the three that was dismissed from the club.

Yes, Livingston Action Shooters will operate from Livingston Gun Club, as will South East Michigan Practical Shooters and Great Lakes Steel.

Yes, LAS will continue to report under MI15.

Sorry Flexmoney, this is all the politics I will vent.

Can we get back to the shooting now? :)

It's my understanding that "Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Association" was never affiliated with USPSA.

The affiliations belong to the two groups, "Raccoon Hunters/Livingston Action Shooters" and "Great Lakes Steel".

When WCRHA threw them out the affiliations went with them.

Not sure about the poppers.

Edited by Gary Johnson

hi to all, thanks so much for all the interest about raccoon hunters club and shooting programs, we are still very much alive and well. there has been a lot of chatter about the reasons as to why the ispc program was tempoary shut down and put on hold.

the list is really not imporant :rolleyes: what is imporant and i want all the shooters to know is we will be back in 07 with a great program. i am the idpa md and the michigan 2006 / 2007 state md. if you shot with us this year at the idpa state match you know what great matches we have and offer.

i believe idpa and ispc belong togother, :wub: and can and will have fun at our club at all future events, it is our club policy to embrace both sports and those that choose differant are requisted to not attend. :blink:

sincerely,

jack allen

I am confused. First USPSA/IPSC is not safe, now it is. As a member of Raccoon hunters I have to find out that USPSA/IPSC back on over the INTERNET. This seams a weird way to run a club or a ipsc program.

To the Mod's is not my intention to bring up politics, just a concern member of the club

hi to all, .... there has been a lot of chatter about the reasons as to why the ispc program was tempoary shut down and put on hold.......

the list is really not imporant :rolleyes: ......... it is our club policy to embrace both sports and those that choose differant are requisted to not attend. :blink:

sincerely,

jack allen

The 'list' is important! I've always been a fan of full disclosure (although BE's Forum is probably not the appropriate place) and would like to see both sides publically state their version of reality (shades of Rashomon) so that we do not have to go to someone in the know to find out what happened. As for me I'll believe Cameron's version, until/if it's proven otherwise!!

Nevertheless it's GREAT NEWS that BAIL AGENT's facility will be hosting USPSA matches next year! The more shooting the better.

Sam Spiteri

hi to all, .... there has been a lot of chatter about the reasons as to why the ispc program was tempoary shut down and put on hold.......

the list is really not imporant :rolleyes: ......... it is our club policy to embrace both sports and those that choose differant are requisted to not attend. :blink:

sincerely,

jack allen

The 'list' is important! I've always been a fan of full disclosure (although BE's Forum is probably not the appropriate place) and would like to see both sides publically state their version of reality (shades of Rashomon) so that we do not have to go to someone in the know to find out what happened. As for me I'll believe Cameron's version, until/if it's proven otherwise!!

Mod: Let's make that "BE's Forum is NOT the appropriate place", please