Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Rocky Mountain 3-gun

Mark your calendars.

The 2007 Rocky Mountain 3-gun will be September 6-8 at the NRA Whittington Center.

It will be a while for applications, but we wanted all of you to be able to make plans.

Thanks so much to the Whittington Center for working with us to schedule a new date!

Denise and JJ

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the amazing Henning Walgren is updating the Rocky Mountain Three Gun Website.

We've got our new contact page set up so you can contact us with questions or sponsorships, or if you want to RO. The website is rm3g.com.

The application will be posted on the Website, but not until the end of the year. Once it's posted, you can start sending in apps. We'll give you a heads up here when we post it!

Please feel free to send us your suggestions or questions.

Thanks again to the NRA Whittington center for their help and support!

Thanks also to Brownell's for being the first sponsor to contact us for 2007!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Denise,

Thanks for the updates. I think it will be a great match once agian. It is very positive to see that you guys and gals are starting things out early for next year. The updated website is cool as well. I think Henning coming on board will be a great asset to the group. Keep the updates coming, as it keeps all the shooters positive about the match as well.

And the big ? is, what about he man scope. Should a poll be started to see how many will actually shoot that and iron to see if there will be enough shooters. Just a thought, I know it is a ways off.

Thanks !

Blane's been thinking about adding Optics to HeMan, but then again, he lives in Colorado near Eddie Rhodes. And Blane's getting old(er) too. :P

There's a question of scoring and some other things, but he said he'd like to hear what you guys (and gals) think on the big question.

So, should we allow optics in he-man? If we do, it will be scored like tactical is now, with everyone together, but on rifle stages, iron and optics will be scored seperately and then put together.

Denise and JJ

So, should we allow optics in he-man? If we do, it will be scored like tactical is now, with everyone together, but on rifle stages, iron and optics will be scored seperately and then put together.

Denise and JJ

Optics will let some of the "more seasoned" guys play in He-man also..... :)

I beleive if optics were allowed in HeMan, there would be about 50 shooters with iron and optic combined. I know a few in our club that would attend and shoot HeMan. I plan on shooting HeMan Iron this coming year.

I would shoot He-Man if optics were allowed on the rifle. So would many others, I'm sure.

Maybe I just don't get it.

If a person wants to use optics on a rifle, they already have either open or tactical. Whats the deal having optics in HM? Why should age or physical limitations even be considered when creating rules for this or any other category. Its probably an insult to many who already compete in HM or even in the other divisions.

My own view is that HM should be iron sighted .30 cal or larger rifle, iron sighted 12ga pump shotguns and .44 cal or larger pistols, and that all MUST make power factor.

Sure, chronographs are a PITA at a big match, but when you calibrate steel for .55gr out of a 16' barrel you need to do it if only for the HM class or you'll wind up with .30 cal weasel loads and .45's that barely make through the paper.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a very fun Ft. Benning match! Will say thanks to them later, but while there, had a bunch of questions from people about Rocky Mountain.

The dates are September 6, 7 and 8 of 2007. Once you get a date at Whittington, you keep it.

The app will be posted on our website after the first of the year. Check out rm3g.com. Henning Walgren is our new webmaster and we hope everyone will find it a lot more helpful.

I'm already excited as we have 5 sponsors and we haven't even been to the shot show. JP, Sabre, Nordic Components, Brownell's and R&R. These guys are way cool!

Anyway, wanted to let everyone know we're still out here, though the match is over 10 months away!

Not much about HeMan Optics! No one cares, has no thoughts, can't read these notes in order to comment on them??

Just kidding! :D See ya' all around!

Denise

You see what optics did for limited [tactical now] class. It will bring more "seasoned" shooters out to shoot. Most people past 45 cannot see anymore but should be allowed to compete against other's. We are here to have fun, not run shooters off because they are "OLDER". I guess I am saying I vote to allow glass in he man.

I would shoot HeMan Scope class - I love battle rifles but my eyesight sucks - shooting HeMan with irons at RM3G in 2005 showed me that !!

The argument that you CAN already shoot a 7.62 rifle with a scope in Tac Scope class is rubbish as your average shooter like me could not be competative against AR's - Bring on two He Man classes in line with Tac Scope - why not ??

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everybody know, our website is experiencing technical difficulties. :(

It's the Holiday Season and our webmaster is off gallivanting in Norway! It may take us a while to get it back up!

All is well with us, except the website!

Hope you all have a Happy Holiday!

Ho ho ho and all that rot! :rolleyes:

Denise and JJ

I would shoot HeMan Scope class - I love battle rifles but my eyesight sucks - shooting HeMan with irons at RM3G in 2005 showed me that !!

The argument that you CAN already shoot a 7.62 rifle with a scope in Tac Scope class is rubbish as your average shooter like me could not be competative against AR's - Bring on two He Man classes in line with Tac Scope - why not ??

I'm in the same boat, love to shoot He-Man but can't see the iron sights. He Man to me is shootng the 308, 45, and 12 ga pump, not what you squint through. I say let's put optics on the rifles, let us glock guys shoot our G21's and/or G37's, and keep the (pump)shotgun as is.

Keep in mind that even the US Military is putting optics on just about everything, including battle rifles...

Tom Chambers

Our website is back up and running! :D Sorry about that guys!

Keep sharing opinions on Heman with optics. We really are leaning that way, but it will take a little adjustment in the scoring program. So let us know!

Applications will be posted in January after the "Great One" gets back from Norway!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

See ya' in Raton!

• 1 month later...

:) It's finally here!

The Rocky Mountain 3-Gun Match Application for the September 6-8, 2007 match is attached here and you can also find it at rm3g.com. You can find our rules, sponsors, and all sorts of great information on our website. Henning Walgren will be updating our Website's look soon, so check back often.

Application in word: 2007_Application.doc

Application in Adobe: 2007_Application.pdf

We look forward to seeing all of you. We plan 8 natural terrain stages as always. :lol: This year, sponsors will have space in the Coors Center to set up tables, and the competitors will be able to check out all the great products they have to offer.

JP Enterprises continues to present Rocky Mountain 3-Gun at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, New Mexico with Sabre Defense joining them as our major match sponsor. We appreciate all our sponsors as they allow us to put on such a fun match!

We're looking for sponsors as well as RO's. :D Please feel free to contact us with any questions!

Our e-mail is rm3gun@yahoo.com.

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Denise Johnson - Match Director

JJ Johnson - Range Master

Steve Hulet - Treasurer/Sponsors

Henning Walgren - Webmaster/Sponsors

We need to reconfirm with Steve who is writing the scoring program to be sure it'll work, but I'm pretty sure it's no big deal.

At this point, the answer is yes, Scoped and iron he-man scored together except on rifle stages where they will be scored separately. This is the way we have been scoring tactical iron vs. tactical scoped in the past!

Just write it in on the application if you're shooting HeMan scoped! We'll reconfirm at registration!

See ya' in September!

Denise

Are there anymore new rules you want to make up? I'm sorry that people get old and you move slower, your eyesight sucks, I can't get up. What else???? My back hurts. Its HEAVY METAL thats it. .308, 12g, .45 acp. That is the class if you cant deal with that go shoot open or tac. scope. If I wanted this to be easy ,I would stick with the 9mm, 20g, and the .223. :angry: