Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aimpoint Repair

Al Capizzo

I'm having some trouble with an older CompM but I'm not getting a response to email sent to U.S. sales address.

Anyone dealt with their service/repair dept before, and know how to contact them?

Thanks.

Edited by Al Capizzo

Last time I had to get one repaired, I called the US sales office (703-263-9795), and they gave me the number of the repair depot.

Note that the depot is really a "depot", in the sense that they don't generally repair them, they determine whether to replace with a refurbished unit, or send yours back to Sweden for actual repair.

Bruce

Last time I had to get one repaired, I called the US sales office (703-263-9795), and they gave me the number of the repair depot.

Note that the depot is really a "depot", in the sense that they don't generally repair them, they determine whether to replace with a refurbished unit, or send yours back to Sweden for actual repair.

Bruce

I actually had to deal with Aimpoint's repair/warranty service this spring before Area 1.

The guy that handles warranty is a USPSA shooter, and told me that he was going to Sweden to be trained up on making some of the repairs locally. At that time, all Aimpoint's got shipped to Sweden for repair. I think mine was out 4 weeks or so.

Aimpoint, Inc.

ATTN: John Enloe

14103 Mariah Court

Chantilly, VA 20151-2113

Bruce

Sounds like the voice of experience. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who's had a refurbished unit returned within a reasonable time - all I've ever heard is horror stories about their Aimpoints disappearing into a seeming black hole, never to be seen again.

Have a couple of casualties in my parts box that I've been reluctant to ship off...

I had one that got sent to Sweden for repair, and it took forever (like, several months and lots of phone calls before it came back).

Since then, I've only had one that needed repair, and I pushed really hard to have it replaced with a refurbished unit. Since they have those at the depot, that was a lot faster solution, although it took a little pushing.

B

Bruce

Sounds like the voice of experience. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who's had a refurbished unit returned within a reasonable time - all I've ever heard is horror stories about their Aimpoints disappearing into a seeming black hole, never to be seen again.

Have a couple of casualties in my parts box that I've been reluctant to ship off...

My scope was shipped out to VA, then from there to Sweden, and back to me in 4-6 weeks. I shipped the scope in April, and had it back by mid-May. I didn't mind it being gone because I was having back surgery in the middle of April, and really didn't need to have it back until before Memorial Day. I managed to get two matches in with it before Area 1.

Right now the pistol is in the FedEx/Tripp hard-chrome black hole. :(

I have had 2 Comp XDs in for repair and they both took 4-6 weeks for return. Considering that these 2 are both 20+ years old, I am not the original owner, and they both got fixed for $35.00 each, that is a damn fine warranty. The best in the industry in fact! :)

I had really good luck getting replacement turrets [the windage & elevation adj screws] from Tom at Aimpoint in VA.

1-877-AIMPOINT extension 228.

He called me 1-2 days after I sent an email to info@aimpoint.com and talked me thru the problem with my old 10moa Aimpoint Comp which is now back on the gun. This kept me from having to send the sight in & possibly them shipping it to Sweden, which he told me they really try to avoid now.

This was all free of charge, several phone calls & package mailings till it was all resolved. I should've done it earlier, when the sight started acting weird back in October. If you have any sort of problem maintaining your zero, it's probably worn-out turrets, a really easy and *free* fix.

Lets me use the old Aimpoint which is .5" shorter and 1.5oz lighter than the new one.