Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 For Limited?

steel1212

I agree with sights, grip tape, and trigger work. A magwell is nice.

My G35's barrel was very good, but it wasn't part of the "plan". Of course I'm one of those who dumped a lot of money, time, and energy into mine and had a great time doing it and am very happy with the end result. My wife is now transitioning from the Kimber in L-10 to Limited with it.

I didn't have any problem switching from my Para to the Glock, but after 3 weeks of running the Glock, I had minor trouble switching back to my Para Limited gun. I guess I got used to the trigger reset on the Glock.

I got into a glock cause I wanted a 10mm now I shoot so much it cost too much(even reloading) that i put a conv barrel in it and it shoots like a dream, soft shooter, $30 trigger, SS guide rod, and Dawson F/o' on the way. Hard to find a magwell and ext. for the large frames even though they are a great platform.

Casey

I got into a glock cause I wanted a 10mm now I shoot so much it cost too much(even reloading) that i put a conv barrel in it and it shoots like a dream, soft shooter, $30 trigger, SS guide rod, and Dawson F/o' on the way. Hard to find a magwell and ext. for the large frames even though they are a great platform.

Casey

Contact Tom Novak at Novak Handgunner Oultet, he has developed a large frame magwell that now works with Grams basepad extension. Which would then mean I would recommend you contact Grams engineering for the mag basepads.

Just my opinions of course

My ONLY serious gripe with the Glock is that the mags don't fall fast enough on reloads and I'm waiting on the falling mag, but I'll fix that tonight ;)

L2S,

That can be tweaked a bit with technique. Of course, you gotta get on the mag release ASAP after calling the last shot, and I figure you are all over that. What is a bit different with the Glock, and something that shooters coming from other platforms aren't used to worrying about, is that you gotta to really get the gun into an orientation that lets that spent mag fall straight down...keeping it from adding friction by rubbing on the gun while coming out at an angle.

Also, it's easy to get the mag wells cranked down too much on the glocks. They can torque the works...and cause the mags to hang a bit.

My ONLY serious gripe with the Glock is that the mags don't fall fast enough on reloads and I'm waiting on the falling mag, but I'll fix that tonight ;)

L2S,

That can be tweaked a bit with technique. Of course, you gotta get on the mag release ASAP after calling the last shot, and I figure you are all over that. What is a bit different with the Glock, and something that shooters coming from other platforms aren't used to worrying about, is that you gotta to really get the gun into an orientation that lets that spent mag fall straight down...keeping it from adding friction by rubbing on the gun while coming out at an angle.

Also, it's easy to get the mag wells cranked down too much on the glocks. They can torque the works...and cause the mags to hang a bit.

Thanks, you are spot on. I had to file out the mag well and am working on keeping it upright a tad more than normal. :)