Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 7 3 Gun Tournament

Well 5 days to the tour and I am getting excited, a 3 gun match I don't have to fly to or drive 18 hours to get to it. No talk of side matches, anyone hear???? If the stages are half as good as they look on paper I will know my money was well spent. I had to do alot of talking to get my buddies too spent $120.00 on a trophy match. I am not a big time shooter, so all the matches are trophy matches to me.

I feel if the match is a quality match then the entry fee is well worth the expense. We need more quality tour. on the east coast, esp. up north. Harvard Shooters have a reputation for having great stages and a quality match. I will let yous know on Monday how it was.

thanks

Louie

No talk of side matches, anyone hear????

There will be a shotgun side match.

I am not sure of the exact setup - but I think it's 5 clay birds.

I'll inquire and get back to you..

Paul

I'll be heading up to Harvard to paint my crew's stage in about an hour. The match is looking pretty good, but be sure to bring plenty of slugs. The slug stage is 24 rounds but you may want to have a couple of extras since two of the targets are swingers.

Hope you have tape in the extra large size :)

Stage looks great on paper. Can't wait to see it on the ground.

Gary

Gary,

I recommended that to Dan Hurley. I don't know if he got it or not.

Dan

I am reading the walk thru s and I have a question on the long range sniper stage. Is it Virginia count???

It's fixed time, fixed number of rounds. You only need 10 rounds of "good" ammo.

I might not be the Dan you mean, but, I had the answer. It's caused a bit of controversy, being scored like pistol standards of old.

Edited by Dan Sierpina

Gary,

I recommended that to Dan Hurley. I don't know if he got it or not.

Dan

I am reading the walk thru s and I have a question on the long range sniper stage. Is it Virginia count???

Fixed time. two eight inch plates at 200 yards and three Pepper poppers at 300 yards.

Know your zero!

Beware of zombies as well.

I just got back from the A73G, and I must say that these guys at Harvard Action Shooters really go out of their way to put on a great match. I've been out there 3 times now, and they always seem to outdo themselves every time!

I must say it was pretty cool running through a civil war battlefield with cannons and old fences everywhere, blasting zombies in a 24 slug shotgun stage, and running through the Old West with an AR!

Great job everyone on a great match!

I just got back from the A73G, and I must say that these guys at Harvard Action Shooters really go out of their way to put on a great match. I've been out there 3 times now, and they always seem to outdo themselves every time!

I must say it was pretty cool running through a civil war battlefield with cannons and old fences everywhere, blasting zombies in a 24 slug shotgun stage, and running through the Old West with an AR!

Great job everyone on a great match!

Thank you to everyone who could come and make the match a success. More than 90 competitors showed an awfully "Blue" state that our rifles, pistols, and shotguns are an integral part of an active community of dedicated sportsmen. I especially owe a great deal to the incredible staff for their countless hours.

And to Phil, Todd, John and their gang, thanks for making the long trip and enhancing the experience for everyone. Phil and Todd's kind words always show how much class there is in the term "GM class."

The Harvard Crew has done it again! What a cool match, and great fun for sure. It was a long day, though; pretty tiring. The stages were interesting to shoot and to look at (cool props and "story lines"). This was my first three gun match and it definately showed; it was a humbling experience to be sure. What the heck, it was fun and enjoyable though and that's what counts. :D

Much, much thanks to everybody that worked so hard to make it happen. I can't say enough about this club and crew...

I enjoyed talking with you Dan, and thanks for the shuttle ride.

Thanks a lot for the Pictures too Rob, they came out great. B)

Congratulations to the winners, way to go! Now it's time for me to go to work and practice, the Production Nationals will be here soon...

Dan,

The match was great! I hope Harvard considers it a large success. I had as good a time helping RO as shooting. Some squads were absolutely awesome people. Phil, Todd, please take note of that comment! You guys were a joy to run through a stage.

Like all matches this one was a learning experience. Things learned, Remingtons malfunction, Benellis malfunction. The Winchesters I saw were good, but that was only one stage.

It was also good to now have a face to put with some of the names encountered here. Not to mention watch some excellent shooters that I've not had the opportunity to see in action previously.

Results are up, but there was a bit of a goof. Handguns in 3-gun matches should be registered as LIMITED or OPEN *ONLY*. We registered L10, Production and Revolver.

This will be corrected this evening, and could change results.

This is not only required by the rules, but makes sense. Someone winning Revolver should not get more points towards the aggregate result than an individual posting a score 90% as fast as a GM posting a great performance in Limited - which is what would happen if L10/Prod/Rev were separate divisions in 3 gun.

A great, big physical match at one of the best ranges I have seen. Luckily I had some extra propulsion from the Mexican dinner the night before with Phil, Todd, Rob and Jere :o

Thanks to all of the staff and RO's for a great time. Hopefully they will do it again next year!

I would like to thank Dan and all the hard workers responsible for the Area 7 3 Gun. Great match, first class and well run. We need more quality 3 gun matches in the northeast. It is proven that IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME. Good turn out for your first 3 gun match. Next time lets leave out the GM's and M's, boy can they shoot. Next year you should have no problem selling out this match. Thanks again for all your efforts, it was well worth it.

Louie