Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Legal Magwell?

Joe D

Joe D found this..........typed in ICE MAG...............i read somewhere that you had to trim one side of the mag well in order to get the lid to close...........find a local uspsa shooter that has one and measure it. <_<

Finally read the FAQs

Group: Classified

Member No.: 5979

I just started shooting a flat gun (G22) for some matches (usually a revo guy) and set it up with the JP magwell because I didn't want to change the balance of the gun much, and I love it. If you are thinking about shooting IDPA as well as IPSC, I was told this was the way to go. I haven't done an IDPA match so far, but there is probably one in my future. The magwell just fit right in, and down went the reload times!

Edited by GmanCdp

Only the SVI and Krebs will fit in the box. STI, Dawson, etc. etc. will all require trimming.

SORRY I DIDN" READ WHICH FORUM THIS WAS POSTED IN

The JP magwell is very good and fits in the box.

Edited by smokshwn

Brass magwells are specifically disallowed in IDPA. I use a delrin magwell from Brownells that might work, but they do not allow additional weights to be added to the pistol. ESP and CDP allow bevelled magwells, but the add-on brass ones are called 'weights' according to the current rules.

Of course different clubs interpret things different ways and may let you get away with it.

HK Dan

I think it has to be a magwell made of material no heavier than common steel. Brass is heavier and therefore is not legal in IDPA. The new Novak stainless magwell should be just the ticket for those looking to add weight and stay legal.