Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Section Championship 2006

The Florida Section Championship match will be held at the historic Titusville Rifle & Pistol Club on October 7-8, 2006! Consider this your final tune up for the Nationals...

This will be a sanctioned USPSA Trophy Only match consisting of 8 stages and over 200 rounds. We are limited to 160 competitors so get in gear! You will shoot 5 stages Saturday and the remainder on Sunday morning. After the awards you have time to get home.

Match fee includes dinner Saturday night and a cool T-shirt for only $100. ($125 after September 24... so commit -- come out and enjoy a great match!)

More info, Hotel, Directions, etc.:

http://www.floridasection.com/

Application:

http://www.floridasection.com/app

Ray Lambert 386-428-0042

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Tune-up for the Nationals? <_<:unsure:

I just checked with the waiting list for the Nationals. I am number # 73 in the waiting list... I wonder what are the chances ...

But there is a better chance of going to the Florida Section match regardless... Maybe even doing some sponsoring/contribution to the prize table? Hmmm! I will contact Ray Lambert about it.

Yeah, you can count me in. I am due for another work outing/vacation. I will be checking later on with a few friends/shooters that may also be aching to go.

Sounds like we have at least six BE'ers so far. Any more folks out there who are looking for a blast (off) in Titusville?

The match hotel is the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn on Hwy. 50 and I-95. I suggest we stay there unless someone has a better deal.

Now all I have to do is decide if I'm going to shoot Production, L-10 or maybe even SS. Deisions, decisions, decisions! :lol:

Edited by XD Niner

Has anyone tried to make hotel reservations? The Space Shuttle Inn is telling me the "contract rate" for the match is for October 7 - 9 (Saturday - Monday). Houston, I think we have a glitch here? Can someone give Ray a heads-up on that. They told me he needs to contact "Lizette" at the hotel.

I'll try and make some sense of the process. We have a number of local clubs who feel ownership of their weekend matches and one has generally been inconvenienced when we schedule our major matches. This weekend "worked" for us locally. It was also after the "Summer Season" when comfort can be a major factor.

We threw all our opinions into the pot and best intentions was the guiding principal.

*I can also report that friends in the community/industry have been extraordinarily generous and we will have some wonderful "stuff" that will be passed along to those present.

There will be several courses international in flavor that will require shooting prowess, problem solving and some physical dexterity. Nothing to punish those of us without knees - unduly - or a sense of humor, but remember "DVC".

Hope to see you all there -- and put some faces to names.

JMD

(Joel)

I can't remember :blink: . I made three different hotel reservations today (one for the match and two for business) and I can't remember what rate I got. I'll call tomorrow and find out. sorry.

How much was the rate?

I made reservations the other night for October 6th and 7th and they said that the rate was $59 a night which after tax came out to $65. The thing is, I could've swore Ray told me the rate was $40 a night.

Okay folks, my application has been received and I found my USPSA self-squading notice in my email box this morning. Do we still have interest in a BE squad?

There are 16 squads with 9 competitors each. The first eight start at 8:00 a. m. on Saturday and the final 8 start at 8:50 a. m. There will be five stages on Saturday and three on Sunday.

It looks like a system similar to that used for the Florida Open. You're squad will shoot a stage and then move to the next stage. When you reach it, you'll have one squad who has just begun shooting on it so you will have a 50 minute break before your squad can begin.

If you are interested, please respond to this post with your preferred start time. I can then begin setup of a BE squad. I may be able to get the match director to reserve an entire squad for us.

I'm looking forward to seeing some BE'ers in Titusville.

Jack, did you ever find out if juniors get a break on the match fee? Does anyone know? My question presupposed there is still room for more shooters. Can someone tell me?

TP

TP,

Ray told me Juniors are $75. U gonna make it?

Jack