Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Capacity Question

mcb

So after much searching I gave up and made a magazine extension for my Browning BPS Stalker. When it's all said and done I have a +5 magazine extension giving the BPS a capacity of 10 rounds (9 in the mag +1 in the chamber). Now I know with Standard division the rules say 9 rounds maximum with only 8 in the magazine. So do I have to plug my tube so I can never load more than 8 rounds in the magazine? Or is this just a capacity limitation for the start of the stage? Not a big deal but I want to make sure I understand the rules.

Thanks

mcb

Just load 9, there is no capacity limit, just a limit on how many you can load.-------Larry

So conceivably in the middle of a stage where you have to reloading you could have 10 rounds in the gun legally?

mcb

Just load 9, there is no capacity limit, just a limit on how many you can load.-------Larry

So conceivably in the middle of a stage where you have to reloading you could have 10 rounds in the gun legally?

mcb

Yep!! Just limited on the start after that load it and shoot it.....

mcb

No. See Shotgun Rule 8.1.4 and Appendix US D2. You are limited to no more than nine rounds in the gun at any time during the course of fire. Exceed it --- welcome to open.

It does depend on where you shoot !

IPSC standard division says load only 9 in the gun at the start (8 for option 2 & 3 starts) but once the course of fire begins after the "beep" you can load as many as your gun will hold.

N

Edited by Neil Smith

You are right. It depends on where you shoot. There are a lot of outlaw 3-gun(non-USPSA) matches out there. I have an 1100 that had a + 5 tube on it . I always shoot Limited or Tact and it always caused a stir. I finally put a shorter tube on it.

BTW. I really like the info on the BPS mag tube. I have an A-5 I would like to try that on.