Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's Finally Here!

Nemo

Last Tuesday the crew and I traveled to Puerto Rico, I went to work they are still there on vacation. I came back last night.

Monday last week I received a call from one Randy Lee telling me my revo was ready! :) Since I left my parents house-sitting for me it was ok for Randy to ship the gun and it got here Tuesday as I was boarding my flight. Thus, I didn't see it until last night.

The revo looks like... well like a 625, only with a dull gray cylinder. Yes, Titanium. Big whoopee, I thought. Until the magic moment came and... I pulled the trigger!

:):D:wub:

AMAZING! Fell instantly in love with this old 6gun! This Lee person knows what he's doing!

I'm taking it for a spin later today to see if I can drive it. Now if I could only learn to load my ammo...

RANDY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK!

It is beauuutiful! Really nice/deep cylinder chamfers.

If you are to unseat El Conquistador you must now master the art of the Silver Bullet.

Thanx pskys!

Now on that art you mention... I think "El Conq" gets too poetic on the silver Bullet name deal, then spends the morning of the match barfing on the bushes. :lol:

Then again, I don't like water in my beer. ;)

Edited by Nemo

Do you like that thumb latch release? Do you reload "same hand" style?

It's the one I learned with so it doesn't bother me. I do the switch hand reload.

Thanx Robo! It's gonna get dirty soon.

Nemo my Buddy.

Great looking blaster you got there. Please do not break it in on me as I have enough trouble with myself. ;)

Give Carmoney Hell with it in IOWA!!!..........he needs it, that's for sure! :D

SAM

Nemo, now you have gone and done it! Stirred up another attack of the dreaded "NEW GUN FEVER" with those pic's of the new toy.

She Who Must Be Obeyed is not too pleased with you. I had just settled down from the last attack, and now..... :D

Very nice revolver. Let us know how it handles.

Greetings one and all,

Haven't been on the forum for a while- This one man circus has been in chaos since the IRC. :D

For those still waiting for their revos, thank you for your patience! I've had a run of revos which had more than their share of oddities on the insides- which has slowed down delivery dates.

One thing I wanted to pass on to folks using or contemplating Ti cylinders- avoid using Win. 231 to make major. The only cases I've heard of sticky extraction in the 625 w/ Ti cylinders has been when 231 has been used. Clays, Titegroup and VV powders seem to work fine. I test the guns with Clays behind a 230 gr fmj before they leave the shop and have not had the sticking experience.

For chamfering both the Ti and steel cylinders, I use diamond burrs with a high speed dental drill. I can also fill cavities. :-)

Oh, one other thing...Apex will be relocating to Oregon in the near future! :D

Edited by Randy Lee

Ooohhh baby!! :wub: My Apex Tactical (by Randy Lee, DMD) revo is so easy to shoot!! Tried it last night with my left over minor loads from Summer Blast and it went bang with every single one of them. :D Thus, my primers are adequately seated Dr. Lee.

One thing is that at 15 yards, the max range of the indoor by the house, point of impact is about 4 inches high and the Millet rear doesn't adjust down anymore. I'll measure the front sight height today but I think it's the tallest of the SDM's. Anybody knows if the LPA sight adjusts to a lower point than the Millet?

Back in the subject, the gun's action is SWEET and although during dryfire I thought the trigger return was going to take some getting used to, recoil added feels pretty normal.

It's a lot of gun! A super revo! :P Yeah, don't think about it anymore... GET ONE!!

Note to self: Now go learn how to shoot you dumba$$! :angry:

Edited by Nemo

Ooohhh baby!! :wub: My Apex Tactical (by Randy Lee, DMD) revo is so easy to shoot!! Tried it last night with my left over minor loads from Summer Blast and it went bang with every single one of them. :D Thus, my primers are adequately seated Dr. Lee.

One thing is that at 15 yards, the max range of the indoor by the house, point of impact is about 4 inches high and the Millet rear doesn't adjust down anymore. I'll measure the front sight height today but I think it's the tallest of the SDM's. Anybody knows if the LPA sight adjusts to a lower point than the Millet?

Back in the subject, the gun's action is SWEET and although during dryfire I thought the trigger return was going to take some getting used to, recoil added feels pretty normal.

It's a lot of gun! A super revo! :P Yeah, don't think about it anymore... GET ONE!!

Note to self: Now go learn how to shoot you dumba$$! :angry:

Hi Nemo,

Good to know the gun went bang! :D I guarantee it to go bang at least once.

I don't remember if the front was the .250 or .300 tall front either.

I do know with the LPA sights, I've been using the .300 tall fronts.

The Milletts sometimes don't bottom out - the elevation drum is too long and it bottoms out against the elevation stud. If you see a gap between the frame and the underside of the sight, this is most likely the cause.