Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pmc Brass For .38 Super

Colvis

As you've seen from my posts, I'm getting into shooting Open. Can anyone give me a general concensus on PMC brass?

Also when shopping for Brass what is the general cost per 1000? I was quoted $80 for PMC. Is this good or are there other places I can go for better prices?

I too am just getting set up for open so this is of some interest to me.

$80 / 1000 sounds pretty cheap.

I wonder if you are getting pricing on regular 38 super brass or +P.

As I understand it, most open people shoot +P or super comp brass due to the higher pressures.

Tls

Speaking only for myself, I am not a fan of PMC brass in any caliber. I have not seen many case separations in 40 cal, but the ones I have seen have all been PMC. I err on the side of caution and do not reload it. YMMV

Isn't basically all 38 Super brass +P regardless of stamp? I thought I read about that somewhere.

For $80/K, I'd be interested in it. All I shoot is ~135 pf in my Super anyway. Plus, PMC is quite a supporter of USPSA, no?

For a long time, the Rem +P was known as "the schiznitz"... Starline makes nice brass, but.... have you seen their prices lately??? Yowza... next time I order SuperComp, it's going to be painful....

• 2 weeks later...