Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Star

• 4 weeks later...
For the record and for those that care...

In USPSA:

- Viginia count = all paper.

- The defining characteristic of a "Standards" is more than one string.

Anyway...

Sounds like a good time. Anybody know how well the TXstar will hold up to slugs at 100y?

The paper-target-only rule only applies to HG. For SG and Rifle there are no restrictions, so metal targets, frangible targets or any combination of targets can be incorporated into VC or FT stages for SG and Rifle. This applies to the USPSA rules as well as the IPSC rules, see 9.2.3.2 and 9.2.4.2.

For information only: the 2006 IPSC rules now permit single string Standard exercises (and about time too) and also permit Comstock Standards. Please note that I have stated "permit" and not "require". More choice for no loss.

For the record and for those that care...

In USPSA:

- Viginia count = all paper.

- The defining characteristic of a "Standards" is more than one string.

Anyway...

Sounds like a good time. Anybody know how well the TXstar will hold up to slugs at 100y?

The paper-target-only rule only applies to HG. For SG and Rifle there are no restrictions, so metal targets, frangible targets or any combination of targets can be incorporated into VC or FT stages for SG and Rifle. This applies to the USPSA rules as well as the IPSC rules, see 9.2.3.2 and 9.2.4.2.

For information only: the 2006 IPSC rules now permit single string Standard exercises (and about time too) and also permit Comstock Standards. Please note that I have stated "permit" and not "require". More choice for no loss.

More choiices are almost always the better way. Most rule changes should operate to allow more rather than to eliminate options.

Jim

• 2 years later...
This morning Benny Hill and I went to the Comanchie Ranch to deliver some stuff and do some practice on thier very nice new range. About mid morning we were razzing Benny about being old and over the hill. His reply was"Oh yeah, watch this". Then he proceded to clean a texas star with 5 slugs, at a cool 100 yards. Ever see a peacock strut with a limp.-------Larry

Saw "Impossible Shots" tonight with Bob Munden shooting a 10" balloon at 200 yards with a slug. Would have rather seen Benny do this. :cheers:

This morning Benny Hill and I went to the Comanchie Ranch to deliver some stuff and do some practice on thier very nice new range. About mid morning we were razzing Benny about being old and over the hill. His reply was"Oh yeah, watch this". Then he proceded to clean a texas star with 5 slugs, at a cool 100 yards. Ever see a peacock strut with a limp.-------Larry

Saw "Impossible Shots" tonight with Bob Munden shooting a 10" balloon at 200 yards with a slug. Would have rather seen Benny do this. :cheers:

Such a shot is easier than it looks if the baloon is hanging on a large steel plate - all you have to do is hit the plate anywhere and the lead splatter will kill the baloon. A baloon swinging in the wind on a stick would be a more impressive shot :D.

• 1 month later...
Who is this Virginia and why is she hanging out at all these matches?

Here is a good skill tester 8 clay birds at 8M, 1M apart, unloaded start with SLUGS. So far my best is way faster than Benny or Kelly and down right close to Jeff, who should be practicing this little drill as he WILL see this material again around September 4th or so!! HINT!!! ( don't know about the unloaded start but the rest is absolutely correct )

i want to try this at the next match. what do you hold the clays with?

• 1 month later...