Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weekend Before Bianchi - Indianapolis, Indiana

BigDave

I'm looking to see how many shooters, specfically those on their way to Columbia for Bianchi but certainly NOT limited to that demographic, would be interested in shooting a Action Pistol match (possibly State or Regional level) in Indianapolis the Saturday before the week of the Cup?

For clarification - there is no match planned or schedualed...right now.

For many years (as I understand), the Indiana State AP match was the Sunday prior to the Cup. Several east-coast based shooters, as well as a sizeable foreign contingent shot that match, which was a great warm-up before the Cup. We didn't have that match this year.

So, how about it? Let's talk this out!

KK,

I'd love to, but my gun isnt legal.

X2 for the Open auto.

But I've got that 38 Super revo with all the fancy stuff sitting in the safe...you can use that, if you HAVE to shoot Open.

Why not shoot your met sight gun? The Kimber or even your Glock?

I'm in for Met sight. At least it's legal. :wacko:

Hypothetically, yes, we'll need help running it. Hypothetically. :P

If we (and I'm not sure at this point who "we" even is, but I hope that it is more than just me :unsure: ) get the green light to have this thing and it is a State or Regional level match, I'd like to really place an emphasis on the Production class. Even go as far as having a double-action/Safe Action auto award to get the IDPA/USPSA Production folks in the mix.

Here's an idea: what would be wrong with running ICASE rules for those who wanted to go that route (John, Mike, [insert name here])??? Cup bound folks would need to shoot under NRA rules to compete for things like Cup entries and the like, but there's nothing saying everyone needs to do that.

If anyone has ideas to share, let's hear em. Again, this match, right now, is far, far from reality. But, with the current state of affairs with AP, I'm afraid this isn't a "build it and they will come" match. I want to get an idea of interest and possible participation first.

If you want to let the Cup bound folks use their set of rules, and other people shoot another set, thats fine.... until you get to the prize table. I would also be careful about creating new awards like DA production. I imagine someone could figure out a way to make the payouts semi fair, but that person isnt me.

My problem isnt finding a gun, or even finding a legal gun, but a ethical issue. As I said, my gun isnt legal.

However, I would gladly work the range, the grill, or the bar.

I fear someone is gonna have to invest a good deal of time and money into this venture on the hope and prayer it works out. It also isnt likely that many people will commit to be there, before arrangements need to be made. I would love to see it happen, and if I can help, I'd be glad to.

Dave,

I'm all for it. I missed going to Winnamac this year.

There is a rumor that Tom Fee is going to put on a big Action match in Tulsa that weekend.

If you do a registered NRA match you will have to play by their rules. If it's a Regional, the NRA will provide free Cup entries for Open and Metallic. As well as the 3 medallions and $100 off certificates for the class winners. Other than that the rest is up to the sponsor. If you want to give an award for top production there is nothing that says you can't. Keep in mind that for a State match you are on your own. The NRA doesn't provide any awards.

I'm hoping that this USAPA stuff takes off and that would be another option. Those going to the Cup would shoot by NRA rules anyway but it would certainly be motivation for those that are fed up with NRA rules to come out.

Did anyone make it to Berrien Springs this past weekend? I heard that they were putting on some kind of Action match.

Well, the thought is truly to catch those east coast shooters on their way to Columbia. If Tom Fee and his crowd would plan something the same weekend, that would be cool, too.

If it were a regional, would any Cup entries awarded apply immedately to that year's championship, or not until the following year? I think it would be great for someone to show up and shoot a free entry to $100 off coupon to the match they were on their way to.

It still is only an idea. I'm interested to hear if there is any interest outside of the usual suspects (and I thank the usual suspects for chiming in here.)

Me thinks the free/$100 off entry is for the following year.

It's been a couple years but the freebies and $$$ off coupons have to be sent in with the entry form, if I remember correctly.

Here's an idea. If Tom Fee et al are having a match on the Sunday before the 'Cup, why not make this one the Sat before. For those that are motivated etc they could make both..shoot Indy Sat am to make it to Tulsa Sat night/Sun morning.

.5c

Dave,

The free entries will be sent to you before the match. Entries for the Cup should be in long before you are having the match so I would say they would be good for 2008. The $100 certificates are not sent out until after the match. You have to give Rudy the names and addresses of the class winners.

If Tom does have his match the money would drive us to Tulsa.

SRT,

You want me to drive to Indy, shoot the match, then drive to Tulsa, shoot that match and then drive to Columbia? Obviously you are crazier than I am because even I won't do that.

Kevin,

I never implied everyone needs to shoot all of them!! But the option is open for inclined individuals.

When was the last time you could shoot up to four quality AP matches in a five days? Indy, Tulsa, the practice match, and Bianchi.

Back in the "old" days, I was know to partake in such nuttiness.