Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Ready For A Shooting Class?

I am making a list of what to do to get ready to learn

Starting with the hardest = Throwing out the trash in my head so that I have room for the new.

Updateing my list of goals & Identifying what I think my weekness and strong point are.

<_< ? -Any more insight from the gifted ?

Being ready to learn is a a big key = but I don't feal as ready as I should

JF B)

Bring a notebook, a willingness to try everything and a commitment to practice it later.

Practice telling the voices in your head that just have to throw in their two cents and analyze everything to just shut up and listen (surely everybody else has these? :ph34r: )

Expect to not do so well for the next few matches while it all sinks in.

Get a good night's rest the night before, come well fed and well hydrated. +1 to the other things - copius notes will insure that you remember stuff that doesn't stay in the front of your mind.

Be prepared to load and reload your mags a ton...

Realize right up front that the instructor is not a god or some kind of superhuman, nor is he going to smite you for making mistakes. So, try to put any nervous feelings of being under a microscope on the back burner :D

Know that he's going to laugh like hell at your super-huge JB Weld blast shield... :D (sorry, couldn't resist that one, buddy :) ).

Get a good night's rest the night before, come well fed and well hydrated. +1 to the other things - copius notes will insure that you remember stuff that doesn't stay in the front of your mind.

Be prepared to load and reload your mags a ton...

Realize right up front that the instructor is not a god or some kind of superhuman, nor is he going to smite you for making mistakes. So, try to put any nervous feelings of being under a microscope on the back burner :D

Know that he's going to laugh like hell at your super-huge JB Weld blast shield... :D (sorry, couldn't resist that one, buddy :) ).

:angry: Hay that JB weld is good stuff..., but I did sand most of it off and reset my mount so it was not so far to the left side with the = wide body + thick mount pad

Some kind of 'God' -= only my wife holds that place in my mind

No one on the planet above her :wub: