Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ordering Airsoft From Hong Kong

JFlowers

Has anyone ordered an Airsoft pistol directly from a Hong Kong web catalog? I am looking at several to build an Open gun trainer on and the Hong Kong based sites off much better selection.

If you have, could you please tell me what beside shipping (customs, fees, taxes) might be involved?

Thanks,

James

Thanks Guys,

I knew about the Trademark and Painting issues, but was more worried about buying something ans suddenly getting an import tax bill of some type.

I already have a auto search setup on Ebay. What I am looking for is something like the Western Arms Wilson Combat Super Grade or Western Arms Para Ordnance Ultimate Comp. Something already setup as a 5" with a comp, so all I need is the red dot to be ready to go.

James

"Para Ordnance Ultimate Comp. Something already setup as a 5" with a comp" ready for my red dot is exactly what I'm looking for.

I also want to get it a beefed up metal slide, stronger recoil and trigger springs (see Front Sight, July/August 2006, page 68).

So far I've been unable to find one on the internet with a US retailer.

Please keep us informed on your progress.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

The 'comps' I've seen are just barrel extensions-- no compensation occurs. No biggie there since the recoil is about like a comp gun anyway, but they do look cooler and fit muzzle-cup holsters better.

I drilled & tapped a WE HiCapa (<$100, same as the PHX model) for a mount and use a Ghost holster so no adjusting is necessary. Anybody with a good drill press or, preferably, a mill should be able to do that in short order-- the metal is very soft.

The comp will enable me to use my match holster. Got the red dot, the scope mount, and even the drill press. Just need the airsoft.

Somewhere I saw that ParaOrdnance would not license to any of the airsoft manufacturers. Is this what makes them rare in the US?

Flatland,

If you order the Para Ordnance Ultimate Comp from a overseas catalog (WGC, RedWolf, etc) they remove the Para logo before they ship it, in order to get around the licensing issues. I guess the rest of the world just doesn't pay attention to such.

Shred,

I know the comps don't really compensate. But I want a trainer as close as possible to my Para-based open gun. However, another shooter and I have been arguing back and forth as to whether a stock 5" 1911 Airsoft with a scope mounted would be sufficent for practice drills. Especially since an SV or Wilson Airsoft clone is much easier to come by.

I looked at the WGC online catalog. They have the Western Arms Para Ultimate Comp Special that would be perfect for what I want. Currently sold out.

They have the same gun sans the scope mount in stock for a few dollars less.

Two problems, (1) they are currently sold out, and (2) they are in Hong Kong. I don't know how they want you to pay for your order, but I won't voluntarily give my credit card number to someone in a foreign country. (Mastercard's protection plans only apply to use with US companies.)

A money order would be safer as for a maximum potential loss, but it gives no protection should the vendor decide to cash the money order and ignor my requets for shipment.

Get the name of the guy that sold the guns at Steel Challenge this past year. We have two other guns = one older WA and a WA from China = the gun from the guy at steel challenge was cheeper and a better gun. Stuart was 'not' able to break it yet. That is realy something. I taped the scope mount my self-it is some kind of alum/ plastic stuff= be very carfull when you tap it and use a light scope- a dot tube seams to be part of the problem with the breakage on the other mounted one.

Ask Shred he will remember the airsoft guy. & you can get parts from him

http://www.airsoftsolutions.com is the guys. They were selling at dealer cost at the SC, which was very cool of them. I've heard the WE's aren't all that great, but all the ones I ordered (I think 4 or 5 now) have been ok.

I find the recoil to be comparable to an Open gun. The balance is a little light on the front, but the optional CO2 magazine weighs just like a loaded big stick mag.

Two things I know of are that any nonlicensed trademarks need to be removed and orange paint added to the end of the muzzle to meet toy gun laws before it is shipped to the US.

Once the airsoft gun is in the 'States, is it legal to remove that orange tip on the muzzle?

-Chet

Two things I know of are that any nonlicensed trademarks need to be removed and orange paint added to the end of the muzzle to meet toy gun laws before it is shipped to the US.

Once the airsoft gun is in the 'States, is it legal to remove that orange tip on the muzzle?

-Chet

Its a Toy- the red on the tip is just for liability TOY GUN = a very real looking but still a toy.