Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Son Has A Hi Point

The gun should be limited 10 legal. not real familiar with the guns. But i know holsters are limited.

Make sure the holster covers the trigger is all. If he likes the sport it would be more frugal to buy a surplus used 9mm pistol, (sig beretta, CZ, S&W EAA witness even) most can be had for under 350-400. and are much more reliable and cheaper to shoot

The gun should be limited 10 legal. not real familiar with the guns. But i know holsters are limited.

Make sure the holster covers the trigger is all. If he likes the sport it would be more frugal to buy a surplus used 9mm pistol, (sig beretta, CZ, S&W EAA witness even) most can be had for under 350-400. and are much more reliable and cheaper to shoot

+1

I would get him a very popular, cheap used and good 9mm (Glock 17 anyone?).

9mm vs .45 factory ammo is so cheap you'll break even after 2000 rounds.

You can get everything for Glocks. For Hi Points it's a different story.

Thank you all for advice; Tim shot his first match Saturday, needless to say we will be getting him a better gun. The Hi Point was not designed for this sport. Tim will be shooting a Para-Ordnance 1911 45 ACP; from here on out. Thank everyone for their advice. This was mine and Tim's first shoot. My Steyr M9 did just fine I wont be putting it on a shelf anyway soon.

Not trying to push you in any direction. But once fired 45 brass is 35-45$ per thousand 9mm and 40 brass are bother about $10 per thousand. If shooting limited 10 or single stack 45 is awesome. but for limited 40 gives a lot more capacity. ( i always like to leave room to grow) para's are an awesome gun with great potential.

High point guns are made for weekend plinkers that shoot very little. and people who buy them shoot a box and put them away... also found a great niche with gang members because of price.

I'm glad you went out to a match and had fun. This stuff is a blast!

Happy shooting, hopefully we'll see you all on the range some time!

• 1 month later...
Thank you all for advice; Tim shot his first match Saturday, needless to say we will be getting him a better gun. The Hi Point was not designed for this sport. Tim will be shooting a Para-Ordnance 1911 45 ACP; from here on out. Thank everyone for their advice. This was mine and Tim's first shoot. My Steyr M9 did just fine I wont be putting it on a shelf anyway soon.

I had the same experience with a HI-Point C9, My CZ75B in 9mm arrives next week ($409 with 2 mags, a case, mag loader and 2 snapcaps) The HI-point is on it's way to the factory (their warranty dept is excellent), and will get relegated to plinkin duty.

High point guns are made for weekend plinkers that shoot very little. and people who buy them shoot a box and put them away... also found a great niche with gang members because of price.

I sell Hi Points in my shop for one reason: the customer that asks, 'Whats your cheapest gun.' They are not much to look at, and shot about as good as they look. Suprisingly, they hardly ever come back, unlike most of the sub-$200 guns.

One thing I found out about the Hi-Point's is that for the price...they do go bang. This is a inexpensive alternative for a car gun (where legal). A .380 from them is $99 and if it anything ever happens to it, I won't cry.

I've spoken to a few dealers about them as well and they don't come back.

A hi-point .45 runs around $110.00 and for that price...it's hard to beat for a beginner can get started.

just my 2 cents.