Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

excellent post race interview today with Floyd online at velonews. That man is a class act. Not many folks would come out and face the press after a day like he had today. And did it with a smile, too.

Class.

Edited by Catfish

HOOOOLY CRAP!!!

Floyd comes back with some serious panache today!!! Solo win in a hardcore mountain stage and only 30 seconds out of yellow. Looks like Saturday's TT will settle this year's tour once and for all.

Wow.

I'm betting on Floyd to win.

HOOOOLY CRAP!!!

Floyd comes back with some serious panache today!!! Solo win in a hardcore mountain stage and only 30 seconds out of yellow. Looks like Saturday's TT will settle this year's tour once and for all.

Wow.

I'm betting on Floyd to win.

OH MY I can't believe what I just saw. Now I have to eat every thing I wrote yesterday!!!!

And glad to do so.

Catfish: I listened to that interview on Velonews last night and All I can say is Floyd ia a hell of a man...I wish half the athletes had that man's class!!

GO Floyd GO ...Make the French fly our flag again.

In the last shorter Time Trail Floyd beat both the two guys ahead of him by minutes... :D;)

This year's tour makes all the previous tours I have watched since 1990 seem boring.

Big +1

Maybe, just maybe we'll get to see some Lemond part deux. That was definitely the most exciting end to a tour I've seen. Come on Floyd, Lemond made up 58 on Fignon, you can make 31 on this year's crowd.

If anyone never saw/read/heard about the Lemond victory check this out: http://www.cyclingrevealed.com/June06/top25-1.htm

OK, I've even more impressed now after reading the recap. Even though it didn't take that long Landis slowed down then stopped so he could change bikes during the 3rd climb. Then he gets back on the bike and proceeds to put away the rest of the field with authority!

Man on a mission! :D

Maybe, just maybe we'll get to see some Lemond part deux. That was definitely the most exciting end to a tour I've seen. Come on Floyd, Lemond made up 58 on Fignon, you can make 31 on this year's crowd.

LeMond and Fignon were battling head to head but he didn't go from yellow to 10 minutes down and now all the way back up within striking distance of the yellow. Pretty much everyone said there's no f-ing way you can make up 10 minutes. 50 seconds deficit on a short TT is one thing, but 10 minutes in a road race is pretty much impossible.

LeMond and Fignon were battling head to head but he didn't go from yellow to 10 minutes down and now all the way back up within striking distance of the yellow. Pretty much everyone said there's no f-ing way you can make up 10 minutes. 50 seconds deficit on a short TT is one thing, but 10 minutes in a road race is pretty much impossible.

Agreed, Landis had the best single day I've ever seen since I started watching the tour in the 80's. I was just pulling for Floyd to match Lemond's TT performance and take the overall GC.

He's done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Congrats to Floyd Landis for taking back yellow by putting 59 seconds on Pereiro in today's TT. All that's left now is to roll into Paris sipping some champane on the way (and avoiding crashes)....

Edited by j2fast

LeMond said it pretty well.

Like Track and Field, Cycling is very chemically manipulated.

The technology for maipulation will always continue to run ahead of those who seek to enforce some set rules. I don't like it but that's the way it is.

Did Landis do anything bad, I don't know. A lot the of the outcome will come down to pure politics. At least that's my guess.

This is an extreme sport - about like running 19 marathons in 21 days with a bunch of sprints thrown in. "Extra help" is likely necessary to function at such a level.

Whatever the final result, it was a great ride.

Tour de France winner Floyd Landis sacked by Phonak team after B sample confirmed positive drugs test.

The Swiss-based team have decided to terminate the 30-year-old American’s contract after a B sample confirmed an earlier positive test for excessive levels of testosterone.

A team statement read: “The Phonak Cycling Team has learned today from the International Cycling Union (UCI) that team captain Floyd Landis’ B sample has also resulted in a positive finding of doping.

I'd like to think that he could somehow clear his name and retain the title but right now all I think is that he's just another dopping athlete that was stupid enough to get caught. I definitely don't advocate cheating but how dumb can these guys that get caught be. They know there's testing and in events like the tour they know they're going to get tested a lot.

Oh well, at least it was definitely a fun tour to watch.

Many people will always do whatever it takes to win, including taking whatever performance enhancers they can get away with. In our modern world the dopers are often one step ahead of the testers so this year's riders are using something they will figure out how to identify next year. Stuff like EPO that creates a physiological response. It won't be long before it is gene therapy. Start with a good foundation and then leave the details to the doctors.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a talk with my former employer who knows key people in cycling, specifically a very good team doctor who used to work in pro cycling and now is working for the US Olympic Team. Basically they know of one person in the tour that isn't doping in anyway shape or form and that's Levi Leipheimer.

Was Landis cheating? In their conclusion, most definitely. Things that Landis has said during the tour has left implications that he did something out of the ordinary. Plus he used something like 70 water bottles during that one stage. 2-3 per hour is normal, 5 would be on the high side. Anymore than that is not normal. Could it be that he was trying to flush something out of his system?

People do have bad days in the tour. Everyone has had a bad day in every tour. That's perfectly normal until Lance showed up. He's only had 1 bad day in the Tour in 7 years. That's not normal. The Discovery Team rarely ever had bad days in those 7 years also. So why is it that this year the entire team cracked 1.5 weeks into the race and not just Discovery, a lot of other people cracked also? It just happens that blood doping last approximately 1.5 weeks if you don't continue to do it. Hmm, something to think about.

Not that it has anything to do with doping, but a former co-worker who raced professionally in europe told me that 5-6 yrs ago nearly everone was racing Litespeed Ti frames, regardless of who's stickers were on the bike. I don't know the extent of that truth, but hearing it didn't surprise me.