Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need A Timer...

Musky Hunter

CED7000 (not release yet) - $119.99 US

Hold out a little while longer and this should be the end-all of timers.

light-weight

small

cheap

lots of features

What he said! :)

Unless you are also thinking of reloading (and you probably should) in which case you may want the Pact because it is a great timer and a chronograph. There is a description on Brian's store.

:)

Edited by AikiDale

I also have the MKIV for the same reason and am looking at maybe buying 4 of the CED7000 for the steel match. But for a first timer, if you don't already have a chrono the PACT is hard to beat.

Oh just buy both, you probably will eventually anyway. :D

I just finished listening to Matt Burketts Radio Show from last week, and he interviewed Saul Kirsch, who has been working with CED to develop the CED 7000 timer. He said they have been promoting it since February :blink: but that it should be on the market at the "end of this month". So I am guessing approx. June 30th.

• 25 hour rechargeable battery
  • Multiple par-delay settings (5 per activation)
  • 10 shooters / strings memory
  • Digital sensitivity settings
  • Water resistant
  • Back lit display
  • Loudest buzzer (112 db) of any timer on the market (with volume control of course)
  • Date and time displays
  • Stopwatch function and spy mode that lets you silently monitor the competition

........ in a package the size of a cellular phone. :o And only $119 retail!

Midways website states: Date Expected In-Stock: 6/29/2006

Also says Weighs only 6.4 oz and measures less than 4" x 2" x 3/4".

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Hello,

just wan´t to strengthen what others said before:

Our club has 4 CED8000´s, working well but handling because of the housing is poor. CED7000 seems to be a good option.

Beside that I personally use PACT since 1988. A few breakages occured due to dumping the timer to the ground, but everything has been fixed by PACT for free !!! 2 years ago I´ve accquired the new PACT model, just fine !

my Baseline: if you are serious about competion, you will need to check your loads frequently. So you will need a chrono. If so > buy a PACT.

If not > for just a Timer CED will do an is much smaller.

I would only not like the idea of recharching. You will have to load up this thing prior to practice. Once it is empty it´s needs time for recharching. Not just a battery change.

Greetings, Wolfgang

Obviously this will cost more money up front, but they will be selling a car-charger, so if need be you can charge it on the way to the range. Most people live at least 15 minutes away from their local range, which should be enough to "jump start" the battery for a practice session. And if more time is needed or it dies on you during practice, work on something else while it charges. Something that dosent require a timer such as shooting groups at 25 yards. I have a DeWalt drill that charges up pretty fast, wonder how this thing will respond to frequent use & charging.

I have the CED 8000 and like it a lot. I wonder how the rechargable batter in the new CED 7000 will stand up to repeated chargings. I bet it will be expensive to replace also.

-Cuz.